Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

yeah noone can see it happening. I doubt we even made a bid really. Stranger things have occurred i guess.

It seems with our interest in Tonev Popov and supposedly Belhanda.. we are after attackers.. we wont sign them all so maybe its Option 1 2 and 3. Or at least if PL cant get Belhanda he signs Popov. Hes clearly after a traditional number 10.

Edited by KSV

I thought PL had warned us that the days of the club making signings of £10m+ players were over.

If you don't say things like this in public, other clubs see your billionaire owner and assume they can take you to to the cleaners. I don't doubt we have money ready to spend, we're just not going to tell the entire world our budget.

This club has been run differently since PL came in. Rumours of players signing that have actually gone on to sign have pretty much disappeared - it's almost like the media have been cut off. Which they don't like.

Could you imagine the press outrage if we signed Belhanda?

Probably why nobody is running the story, the long-term target of the beloved Arsenal has been bid for by Villa.

Yes clearly a player of any kind of quality is not allowed at Villa

I hate the media its as if any player who is decent has to go to one of the top 4 clubs or spurs

Yes sums it up really, obviously "little" Villa has disrespected them (the press) by having the audacity to sign Benteke (I also recall reading that miserable tosser Wenger saying he couldn't believe Benteke choose to sign for us!) so they are trying to right that wrong every day over the summer.

F*** them all, let PL show them what Villa are about by going and signing this player that no doubt the press will call a "Bellend" for joining a club that is not one of their chosen few, see if we care.

Thing is i remember us having similar during the 80/81 title winning season...even though we were top nobody was quite taking us seriously in the national media.. until we beat Liverpool at VP 2-0 one magical midweek night. Then i seem to remember we were still second fiddle to Ipswich Town who the media seemed to favour for some reason. I even remember we then had the same in the European cup run with the other English clubs who were in it at the time getting all the coverage even though we were champions!...

Thing is this will happen until we start to prove them wrong for a period of time with top 4 finishes/cup wins & even then we will be the "unwelcome guest" initially!... best thing is to ignore it & carry on.

Very doubtfull, but a nice rumour, nevertheless.

Having said that, IF we're to sign this player, is he the kind of player who'll help us to keep Benteke?

Having said that, IF we're to sign this player, is he the kind of player who'll we'll use to replace Benteke?

fixed.

Doesn't Belhanda play in a different position so how would he be a replacement?

He's this window's Wesley Sneijder imo

There's always a player we get linked with in the summer that we have no chance of signing 

Was about to say, there's always one marquee name mentioned each window that results in unanimous mouth-frothing but won't actually happen.  Still, I suppose stranger things have happened.  I once ate at a vegetarian restaurant, for example.

Having said that, IF we're to sign this player, is he the kind of player who'll we'll use to replace Benteke?

fixed.

Doesn't Belhanda play in a different position so how would he be a replacement?

So far, We have 3 decent strikers with Bent,Agbonlahor and Weimann...+ the other two young ones in Delfouneso and Bowery.

Considering we only play with one up front then the wingers im sure if we brought Belhanda he'd play as a winger providing a striker... We can dream :(

It is now a story on Sky Sports, just requoting the LeSport10.

When Gaston Ramirez got linked with Southampton, no one would have thought they had a chance in hell of signing him, considering the other clubs he was linked with.

Saying that, I think it is unlikely that we will pull this off. All the other clubs can offer CL football, and considering our so-called 'new wage structure', you would think they would match us in the wages department also. Our only glimmer of hope is that he has specifically shown interest in the premier league and bundesliga, and we are the only club that fits the bill. Is it really enough of a draw though?

It shows positive intentions from the club that we are bidding for players like this, and we are not just looking for lower league players on the cheap, like some have suggested. I think if the player/price is right, PL will not hesitate to make a bid, as shown here.

From what business he has done already, it looks as if he is getting his group of core english player from the lower leagues, who are not the finished article, but have raw ability and potential (e.g. westwood, lowton), then looking to the european market for his more establish players (benteke/vlaar). This is a strategy that if done successfully, will produce optimum value for money. So far i would say it has been successful, and wether or not this transfer is pulled off, it is a sign of an exciting summer ahead.

• Like 1