Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Can he play Left-Back? :D

Right-back or center-back (based on earlier in his career haha).

In our system he would play ahead of say Sylla and Westwood, linking play to the strikers and also making attacking runs himself. At the same time though he tracks back and is probably a better tackler than any other midfielders we have.

I would assume Popov could be maybe a back up signing if we fail to negotiate with Belhanda (taking into account we have had a bid accepted).

Edited by samjp26

Amazed by how many of you have not only heard of him but know all too well his immense talent.

I know nothing of the guy. Scouting report needed.

It was him and Giroud who fired Montpellier to their first ever league title in 2011-12 ahead of big spending PSG.

Is this another Coutinho where we get linked just so the agent can drum up interest and bump up the transfer fee so that scum like Liverpool can steam in and throw their weight around?

The chances of us actually signing anyone 'proven' or 'experienced' is pretty damn unlikely, all we can do is gamble on promising unknowns like Tonev and hope they come good and as soon as they do flog them for three times what we bought them for at the first available opportunity. 

Is this another Coutinho where we get linked just so the agent can drum up interest and bump up the transfer fee so that scum like Liverpool can steam in and throw their weight around?

The chances of us actually signing anyone 'proven' or 'experienced' is pretty damn unlikely, all we can do is gamble on promising unknowns like Tonev and hope they come good and as soon as they do flog them for three times what we bought them for at the first available opportunity.

We have had a bid of around £12m accepted, according to the owner of the Montpelier.

We have had a bid of around £12m accepted, according to the owner of the Montpelier.

links or bs ;)

No problem guys, thank my ESPN subscription for giving me so much foreign football to watch.

Toure is a player you could liken him to definitely, although I'd say Belhanda has more of a tricky/flair game to him with his footwork and such (see the GIF of the bicycle kick I posted previously).

I genuinely thought more people knew of him, maybe its not as far-fetched a signing as I assumed. Time to pray.

From the few games I've seen of him, he reminds me more of Moussa Dembele than Yaya Toure in that he's got really good feet to get away from players, can also play an advanced role but can also sit deeper, has good pace and strength, likes to play one touch passes but will also do the dirty work as well.

Tactically, he'd be a brilliant signing for us because of his versatility in that if we're chasing a game we can push him further forward, if we need him to sit back he can do that as well.

Still don't think it will come off but would be delighted to be proven wrong

If he can be convinced that a guaranteed first team starting role every week with Villa will benefit his club and country future more than a part time role with those other clubs (Doubt he'd go to Turkey)...then he's ours. Big if though...

Edited by maqroll