Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

wow I signed him on FM and he scored a stack of goals on our way to CL.

in all honesty I haven't seen him play.. El Ahmadi could have a word with him.

Searching around the web and Arsenal comes up a lot, and spurs too. 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210244.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8755365/Transfer-news-Olivier-Giroud-talks-up-Younes-Belhanda-move

There is also this: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8742761/Transfer-news-Montpellier-s-Younes-Belhanda-keen-on-move-to-Premier-League

I guess if we brag enough about our history and show him some vids from 82 then he might come along, haha. Yeah, its not gonna happen.

Lambert will only sign players who want to play for the shirt.

If he does come - and I admit it's a HUGE if - then the pull of the Premier League (yes, I went there Trent!), Lambert and Villa is stronger than we thought!

Searching around the web and Arsenal comes up a lot, and spurs too. 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210244.html

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8755365/Transfer-news-Olivier-Giroud-talks-up-Younes-Belhanda-move

There is also this: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8742761/Transfer-news-Montpellier-s-Younes-Belhanda-keen-on-move-to-Premier-League

I guess if we brag enough about our history and show him some vids from 82 then he might come along, haha. Yeah, its not gonna happen.

"My wish is to play in the Champions League next season, but I could sign for a club with big history."

I guess we match two of the criteria. A club with a big history and competing in the Premier League, which he prefers.

Would be a brilliant signing. However, the only thing Villa an offer over others is money and the premier league. He may come for huge wages, the question is would Villa be willing to pay that much. Probably not.

The man himself says he wants to go to England or Germany, if no German club has bid and were the only English club in for him then that could give reasoning to him saying he might join a club with big history but no CL football?

Long shot I know, but wow, if we've bid for him then bravo Mr Lambert. Would be an incredible move.

Okay im gonna go back to sleep now.

Edited by samjp26

Lambert will only sign players who want to play for the shirt.

If he does come - and I admit it's a HUGE if - then the pull of the Premier League (yes, I went there Trent!), Lambert and Villa is stronger than we thought!

You're banned :)

I thought PL had warned us that the days of the club making signings of £10m+ players were over.

If you don't say things like this in public, other clubs see your billionaire owner and assume they can take you to to the cleaners.  I don't doubt we have money ready to spend, we're just not going to tell the entire world our budget.

This club has been run differently since PL came in.  Rumours of players signing that have actually gone on to sign have pretty much disappeared - it's almost like the media have been cut off.  Which they don't like.

I thought PL had warned us that the days of the club making signings of £10m+ players were over.

If you don't say things like this in public, other clubs see your billionaire owner and assume they can take you to to the cleaners. I don't doubt we have money ready to spend, we're just not going to tell the entire world our budget.

This club has been run differently since PL came in. Rumours of players signing that have actually gone on to sign have pretty much disappeared - it's almost like the media have been cut off. Which they don't like.

Could you imagine the press outrage if we signed Belhanda?

Probably why nobody is running the story, the long-term target of the beloved Arsenal has been bid for by Villa.

If you don't say things like this in public, other clubs see your billionaire owner and assume they can take you to to the cleaners. I don't doubt we have money ready to spend, we're just not going to tell the entire world our budget.

This club has been run differently since PL came in. Rumours of players signing that have actually gone on to sign have pretty much disappeared - it's almost like the media have been cut off. Which they don't like.

Probably why nobody is running the story, the long-term target of the beloved Arsenal has been bid for by Villa.

Yes clearly a player of any kind of quality is not allowed at Villa

I hate the media its as if any player who is decent has to go to one of the top 4 clubs or spurs

i wish i didnt check his youtube video. My god. What a talent. I know its only youtube and everyone looks good on there but the amount of times he beats players and puts in superb through balls. He looks quick and strong. Exactly what we need. Screw Popov and Tonev. Go all out for this fella! Give him Bents wages. Send Bent to Stoke.

Ah well.. damnit why did i look at his youtube. He is far too good for us... but that small hope that Lambert can convince him.. imagine him putting passes for Wiemann and Gabby. They will benefit the most... back to dreaming.

Yes clearly a player of any kind of quality is not allowed at Villa

I hate the media its as if any player who is decent has to go to one of the top 4 clubs or spurs

Yes sums it up really, obviously "little" Villa has disrespected them (the press) by having the audacity to sign Benteke (I also recall reading that miserable tosser Wenger saying he couldn't believe Benteke choose to sign for us!) so they are trying to right that wrong every day over the summer.

F*** them all, let PL show them what Villa are about by going and signing this player that no doubt the press will call a "Bellend" for joining a club that is not one of their chosen few, see if we care.