Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

1. @ Cherine____ The future belongs to those who get up early!

2. To enlighten some minds, and if it was AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa ...

Expand

is that him ?

I know people are thinking that he'd be eyeing a move to a top 4 club here and wouldn't give us a look.

Things to consider;

The team is now being built with young players that show potential,

We have a manager who clearly plans on being here for a while and building a system,

Our better performers have drawn attention based on their performances, notable Benteke and Weimann.

Coming to Villa would be good for his career as he'd probably get first team football, be part of something that could be special or in failing that, has a platform that he stands out and can command a large wage in a year or two if he performs.

He'd get first team football in a lot of Champions League clubs around Europe. For example, Arsenal build there team (for better or worse) around young players, the manager has built their system up and has been there for 14 years and their better players have moved to Barcelona or Man City about 5 or 6 times in the last few years and even more before that, most notably Fabregas and Henry ;)

But I sort of agree with where you are coming from. Just Belhanda is better than any other midfielder we have by quite some distance, he'd get game time at Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs at least in England, and at a lot of clubs in (or fighting for) CL around Europe.

I'd love it if he came here mind.

• Like 1

2. To enlighten some minds, and if it was AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa ...

Expand

is that him ?

Yeah that's him...... Would love us to get him in :P

bicycle-kick-o.gif

No Bannan pass but I hope this is an alright substitution.

(BTW I don't think he has Twitter. None of his team mates follow him and he isn't verified meaning fake most probably.)

Edited by samjp26

Expand

is that him ?

No, i don't think so. He isn't being followed by @MontpellierHSC. Most, if not all of their players are being followed by the clubs twitter.

"He is leaving," Nicollin told LeSport10. "There are four or five clubs that have come in. It is now down to the player to choose now because we are almost in agreement with the clubs. He will leave for 14-15 million euros."

Asked if the offers were concrete, he replied: "Yes. From AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/04/4025325/montpellier-president-confirms-aston-villa-bid-for-belhanda

£10m seems a bit steep for someone with just a year til he's a free agent !

He signed a 1-year extension although I think it was so that the club would get a good deal (knowing he would leave).

I would personally say he is worth at least 20m euros.

£10m seems a bit steep for someone with just a year til he's a free agent !

Depends on what buyers are willing to pay, nothing more.

Really, CI, you have a real talent for talking bollocks sometimes. It's like you just enjoy seeing your words come up on a screen or something.

• Like 2