Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I really think their chairman meant to say Arsenal

How could he mix up Villa with Arsenal. He dealt with them last summer and are a top 4 team compared to Villa. not an easy mistake

• Like 1

If Spanish clubs needed to be in the black to spend money then very few of them (if any) would be spending money. Atletico have money to spend for all intensive porpoises.

Amazed by how many of you have not only heard of him but know all too well his immense talent.

I know nothing of the guy. Scouting report needed.

He's pretty good on Football Manager. That's all I know!

Amazed by how many of you have not only heard of him but know all too well his immense talent.

I know nothing of the guy. Scouting report needed.

He's pretty good on Football Manager. That's all I know!

Ahhhh I see, hence the excitement.

Fair enough. I guess FM is about as good a scouting report as any of us can give aside from perhaps Gareth or Wes.

For those that are seriously out of the loop and don't know about Belhanda, he is a 23-year-old Moroccan international midfielder, although was born and raised in France and currently plays for Montpellier. He is in the final year of his contract there, which is why they will be willing to take a smaller fee (14-15m Euros) than what would've been asked if had a few years more remaining.

Many people see him as a unique talent based on the fact that he is not only strong and good with tackles like a typical defensive midfielder but he also has the ability to dribble past his opponents and score goals. He is extremely quick and agile as well as being able to see a good pass. Although mainly played in midfield, he has also played previously both as a defender and can also play as a winger. His versatility is incredible, which combined with his physicality and technical ability at such a young age, makes me wonder why Arsenal or Tottenham didn't buy him last year.

Although beginning his career primarily as a defensive midfielder, he now usually plays in an attacking role behind the striker, although does still retain the defensive role when needed.

In Ligue 1 2012/13 he scored 10 goals and got 3 assists in 30 appearances. He has 20 full International caps with 1 International goal.

Here are some YT videos as usual:

GOALS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdKKjx-0Lc0

ASSISTS/DRIBBLES ETC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZkHTHiMTE

The potential of Belhanda and Benteke in our team together is scary, I really really cannot see this happening and if it did I believe it would be our biggest signing in years.

If somebody can find a good quality video of his chest/bicycle volley against Marseille I think that itself would win some of our fans over.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

I really think their chairman meant to say Arsenal

How could he mix up Villa with Arsenal. He dealt with them last summer and are a top 4 team compared to Villa. not an easy mistake

Not that difficult to get us and Arsenal confused. If he asked Benteke about us, we could sign him. He still thinks he's playing in london...

AC Milan don't have any money by the way.

Neither do Atletico, I'm sicking of hearing about how they're going to spend the Falcao money.

To an extent this is true but they have sold off falcao and whilst they probably won't spend equal amounts of what he went for they do also have CL this season..

If Spanish clubs needed to be in the black to spend money then very few of them (if any) would be spending money. Atletico have money to spend for all intensive porpoises.

Will they have any money left over for meek Dolphins?

• Like 4

I was unaware but he signed a contract extension to keep him at Montpellier for another year, so he has 2 years left, I guess they've simply admitted to losing him as I'm sure they were asking for around £20m previously from Arse and Totty (although I guess that could have been paper talk).

I know people are thinking that he'd be eyeing a move to a top 4 club here and wouldn't give us a look.

Things to consider;

The team is now being built with young players that show potential,

We have a manager who clearly plans on being here for a while and building a system,

Our better performers have drawn attention based on their performances, notable Benteke and Weimann.

Coming to Villa would be good for his career as he'd probably get first team football, be part of something that could be special or in failing that, has a platform that he stands out and can command a large wage in a year or two if he performs.

Will they have any money left over for meek Dolphins?

That's so good you deserve a cetacean.