Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I know nothing about him.

If we have this kind of money to spend on one player, then personally, I'd be looking at sorting out the other end of the pitch. But Lambert knows what he's doing. Can't see it being true anyway - days of £12million players are gone at Villa I think.

Can't see it being true anyway - days of £12million players are gone at Villa I think.

Im not so sure about that.  

More likely it will be the case for experienced players with no resale value, but this kind of signing could well turn out to be profitable as well as great for our league chances.

We are also clearing up a lot of wage space this close season.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

(I have to say Im dubious he will join all the same)

Yeah I don't think paying £12m for a player is going to be happening in the foreseeable future. Lambert has stated a few times recently that he's under some fairly strict financial restrictions. The only way I can see this being true is if we have arranged to sell Benteke and are quickly arranging some transfers before announcing the deal. 

Reasons against this happening.

Ac Milan - Offer good wages, Champions League football, likely starting player, big name European club

Galatasary - Offer very big wages, Champions League football, definite starting player

Atletico Madrid - Champions League football, definite starting player

Reasons for this happening

Ac Milan - Maybe doesn't fancy Italian league - has spoken about being well suited to English or German football

Atletico Madrid - Maybe doesn't fancy Spanish league as well!

Galatasary - Does he want to develop his career or take a pay cheque, he is at start of his career unlike Drogba etc

Inter Milan - Not the force they were, don't see them offering mega money or have European football to offer

Aston Villa - Well were English, can probably offer good money if we shift a few others. And well you never know.

Likely end result - 1 week of hope/excitement and then disappointment as he obviously goes to Ac Milan

Edited by villaglint

I'm clinging to the hope that he prefers to be a big fish in a small pond and that KEA is his best buddy. I can't see it happening but the thought of him playing behind Benteke, Gabby and Wiemann is giving me a "Tim Henman" ( an unexpected semi )

Stranger transfers has happened so who knows, 12 million for a player isn't impossibility as long as player has resale value. I don't think we're gonna see big -name- transfers and I wouldn't call Belhanda big name.

Our only chance is the lure of the Premier League, being somehow won over by Lambert and/or the relative guarantee of a starting spot given the other sides' strengths. Tenuous to say the least. I'd be amazed if it happened and I know nothing about the lad.

I think a realistic way we could agree a deal with Montpellier is to offer around 8-9 million plus Charles nzogbia. If theres a deal on the table that would favour the club more, they may persuade belhander to join us knowing they are getting an 'exciting French international' in return. Use nzogbias wage on belhander. Job done

• Like 1