Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I need to get off this forum, I can`t handle this stuff well...

Haha! After 20 years of it... It doesn't get any easier mate. If I could go to sleep now and wake up on September 1st (with hopefully a couple of wins on board already and the summer still in full swing) I would do.

Hate it, but I can't stop reading...

I don't think paying transfer fees has ever really been an issue for Randy - it's always about getting value for money and a good player on controllable wages.

At ten million quid the lad's value is not going to go down in a hurry.

Lambert just needs to remind Randy that he paid 8.5m quid for Nigel Reo-Coker.

• Like 1

I hope people realise this is bollocks, we may have enquired but as soon as around 10mill was quoted we backed off.If it is true, some people will have to find something else to moan about.

Do you think that a £10m price tag would've come as a surprise to PL?

bmafk3sccaekmhw.png

DONE DEAL - look at him frolicking in his villa kit ;)

To be fair that shirt fits really well - he's obviously had it made to measure - and that gesture smacks of 'ive been locked in a hotel for 48 hours' - as you say 'Done Deal'

He's saying to Lambert, Come here lets have a hug! Thanks for signing me pal. 

I don't think paying transfer fees has ever really been an issue for Randy - it's always about getting value for money and a good player on controllable wages.

At ten million quid the lad's value is not going to go down in a hurry.

Lambert just needs to remind Randy that he paid 8.5m quid for Nigel Reo-Coker.

Spot on, I made this point last month. I don't think the price in isolation has ever been the issue - it's the value for money we get that RL would want to see.

I think PL will be happily backed as the vast majority of his purchases have appreciated in value substantially. A highly rated £10m 23 year old will always have inherent value. It's spending £10m on 29 year olds at the twilight of their career that we won't be seeing.

If true to this season's purchasing form, why not give Lambert £10m to spend, as chances are that player will be worth £20m next year.

Lure of the premier league.

But you watch some big top 6 club swoop for him now.

Thing is I don't think United are likely to go in for him. Chelsea are well sorted with Hazard and Mata. Citeh will undoubtedly flash much more cash.

Arsenal could wnt him, but have their precious Wilshere to think about. Liverpool have Couthinho, Gerard and little Joe Allen *sniggers*, Spurs have Dembele.

Outside of them lot, we're as big as it gets, so I reckon we'd be in with a good shout here.

Edited by StanBalaban

Arsenal and Spurs are still very much favorites IMO.

I don't doubt they would be a more preferred destination (with the possible exception of us practically able to guarantee first team football) were they to bid, but my point was more to do with whether Arsenal or Spurs would even be in for him, given the players in their team.

Why would Arsenal want him when they have Wilshere, Arteta, Carzola, Rosicky and Ramsay in their midfield.

Spurs have more of a need, but already have Dembele and Townsend (post ban). They'll be looking to replace Bale as their biggest priority I reckon.

I hope people realise this is bollocks, we may have enquired but as soon as around 10mill was quoted we backed off.If it is true, some people will have to find something else to moan about.

And then you'd have to find new people to moan about.

Scary stuff.

• Like 1

"I have told everyone that England will be my first choice.

"Aston Villa is a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world, so let's see what will happen."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8758089/belhanda-open-to-villa-move

Happy to come here. Will anyone else come in for him though? We could hold off Newcastle and Everton, but Tottenham and the Champions League clubs (especially Arsenal) would surely be first choice over us, if they are interested.

Edited by Con

Spurs have Dembele, Parker, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Sandro, Huddlestone, Livermore and Jenas to play centrally as well as the likes of Bale, Townsend and Lennon out wide. Their midfield options are arguably the best or at least one of the best in the league

It's clear that there shortfall is upfront, not in midfield so would they really want to spend £12m on him instead of on a striker ?

Nice. Actual quotes from the guy saying he wants to come. I now retract my earlier statement saying this definitely wasn't going to happen! Will be something of an instant legend if he chooses us above the two Milans, not to mention Atletico and Galatasaray.

I told myself to not watch the youtube clip so i won't get too excited. I just watched it!!

I'd love this bloke here.

Transfer targets are looking exciting.

I don't mean to worry you but i'm fairly sure you just said something positive :o:D

Haha it happens sometimes.

• Like 2