Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I just can't help thinking that his quotes were nothing more than a 'come and get me' plea to other PL clubs.

That said, I'm delighted that we're looking at these sorts of players. I just hope we understand that we are a 'stepping stone' for these type of players, but as long as we re-invest the money wisely then there is no reason why in 4/5 years (possibly sooner) we couldn't find ourselves in a position similar to where Spurs are now.

Spurs have Dembele, Parker, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Sandro, Huddlestone, Livermore and Jenas to play centrally as well as the likes of Bale, Townsend and Lennon out wide. Their midfield options are arguably the best or at least one of the best in the league

It's clear that there shortfall is upfront, not in midfield so would they really want to spend £12m on him instead of on a striker ?

And Holtby.

They won't be signing a central midfielder this summer, guaranteed.

I don't quite understand why he'd mention us by name? It's obviously a come and get me plea, but to who?

It's weird this one. Everyone tells me we've got no chance and yet... I can't remember a PLAYER mentioning us by name before and then us not getting them, yet this summer they all seem to be at it! Weird.

I don't quite understand why he'd mention us by name? It's obviously a come and get me plea, but to who?

It's weird this one. Everyone tells me we've got no chance and yet... I can't remember a PLAYER mentioning us by name before and then us not getting them, yet this summer they all seem to be at it! Weird.

Yannick Djalo

• Like 1

Surely not? I can see Arsenal and Liverpool coming in for him. Him mentioning us by name though is definitely starting to make me think its a possibility. But he's a very very good player. It just goes against everything I have conditioned myself to believe in our transfers! haha.

Still sceptical but I would **** love us to sign him. Would be a great player for some of our youngsters to learn from. 

Belhand feeding balls through to Benteke.....oooosh

Lets just do it balls in sign them all. 

I think some (Belhanda) is more CM who can be defensive and attacking, something we desperately need. 

Edited by KjParton

I just can't help thinking that his quotes were nothing more than a 'come and get me' plea to other PL clubs.

I agree.  It comes across as though he and his agent are checking out what options might exist, and I expect he would make polite comments about anyone rumoured to be interested.  Even the stuff about being set on the PL may be overstated - I've seen a comment that he's thought to be interested in a move to PSG or Monaco, presumably clubs which pay high wages.

He might join us, but I don't think his comments mean anything more than that it's one possibility among others.