Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Is this another Coutinho where we get linked just so the agent can drum up interest and bump up the transfer fee so that scum like Liverpool can steam in and throw their weight around?

The chances of us actually signing anyone 'proven' or 'experienced' is pretty damn unlikely, all we can do is gamble on promising unknowns like Tonev and hope they come good and as soon as they do flog them for three times what we bought them for at the first available opportunity.

We have had a bid of around £12m accepted, according to the owner of the Montpelier.

links or bs ;)

Its the whole reason this topic exists?

Is this another Coutinho where we get linked just so the agent can drum up interest and bump up the transfer fee so that scum like Liverpool can steam in and throw their weight around?

The chances of us actually signing anyone 'proven' or 'experienced' is pretty damn unlikely, all we can do is gamble on promising unknowns like Tonev and hope they come good and as soon as they do flog them for three times what we bought them for at the first available opportunity.

We have had a bid of around £12m accepted, according to the owner of the Montpelier.

accepted eh? So i suppose we'll see him at Villa soon then :3

Im hardly trying to be ITK, the original article from their owner that started this whole saga today says that the fee has been settled and its up to Belhanda to talk to the clubs mentioned now.

Have people not even been arsed to read?!

Here is the latest English version just to confirm:

Aston Villa boss Lambo has had a bid for the Moroccan international midfielder, 23, accepted by the French outfit.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4955360/Paul-Lambert-locked-in-transfer-battle-with-Europes-big-guns.html#ixzz2VIAoldw3

Edited by samjp26

Morocco have an international game versus Tanzania on Saturday. Not sure if they are in the squad but (assuming we have any chance at all) hopefully El Ahmadi is in Belhanda's ear telling him about the wonders of Birmingham.

would be a pleasant surprise than when its our players getting tapped up on England duty :(

if ever there was a situation that was going to end up in the same position as we are now with benteke, it is this....

would love to get this guy in, as he looks like a real talent....

but there is no question in my mind that if he comes here, it is simply as a stepping stone to champions league football, and this time next year there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth when he is open to offers from the likes of arsenal, tottenham, athletico madrid etc...

the problem with finding stars on the way up is that while we are a mid-table or lower english team, champions league standard players will only use us as a shop window for the contract they want....

nothing we can do about it, other than get some results....

You keep your stars and build. If one has to be sold you get the highest fee possible and re invest. The way spurs have. They could have sold Bale for 25mil a few years back but held onto him. He got them CL and is worth a lot more. Once sold they will have plenty to spend and have a better image to attract players. We can do that but not on the same Level. If we sell I would hope we add a clause to get a percentage of his next fee.

sure.... but tottenham are knocking on the door of champions league, which at least makes them competitive in keeping players...

we are not materially different from a stoke, or a sunderland, or southhampton in terms of our ability to compete for european places over the last three years... buying players on the way up and riding their coat-tails is fine... but none of us should be surprised when our world-class players that he uncover want to move on as quickly as they possibly can...

its happening to liverpool, arsenal, tottenham as well....

Yeah but Tottenham were not CL team and kept bale as he was on a large contract. We have a similar situation with benteke. We should knock back any offers below 30 and tell him he will be allowed to leave next season

sure, but in benteke, we have a player who less than a year ago went on strike to force a move to a better team...

and even if spurs weren't a champions league team, they were a far more attractive proposition than we are at our current stage in the cycle...

Im hardly trying to be ITK, the original article from their owner that started this whole saga today says that the fee has been settled and its up to Belhanda to talk to the clubs mentioned now.

Have people not even been arsed to read?!

Here is the latest English version just to confirm:

Aston Villa boss Lambo has had a bid for the Moroccan international midfielder, 23, accepted by the French outfit.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4955360/Paul-Lambert-locked-in-transfer-battle-with-Europes-big-guns.html#ixzz2VIAoldw3

'Aston Villa boss Lambo...'

Dafuq?

Edited by daft

Kendrick said we havent made a bid and we cant afford such a transfer fee.

Apparently we wont sign anyone for at least a week as hes on holidays.

He doesn't say that in his article. All he says is that it doesn't tally with our recent transfer policy - which is true to an extent - but didn't we pay £9.5m for Zog? Has he said more on twitter?

@MatKendrick 25m

@ElkinJoe Need to change headline. My story was that no business will be concluded until at least next week, I'm told. Not sure about bids

Sounds like he is already backtracking. I'm sure bids are going in. Lambert doesn't need to be there for that. Heck, Man City have signed a player without a manager around yesterday. I'm sure Lambert is aware of the attempted deals going on.

There ain't anything in that article that suggest to me that that journalist knows **** all more than any of us.

I completely agree. There's no quotes from anyone in the article. This section:

"Although Villa have recruited players for high transfer fees in the not too distant past, Montpellier’s £12 million asking price would not tally with their more prudent policy of late."

Well Benteke's fee "didn't tally" with the size of the other transfers we did last season either but that still happened.

As close as Kendrick is to AV, I'm going to side with the article that has actual quotes from someone working at a club for now.

Edited by Wes