Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

*sob*

Oh well. What's a Moroccan international midfielder to us anyway? After all, I suppose he would be frightfully dull, and-and-and boring, and-and completely... Completely wonderful in our team. :(

The noises coming from overseas about Belhanda are different to what we're hearing over here. Doubt very much that one will happen #avfc

No reason to trust this one. It's twitter, and we shouldn't trust twitter. So it is said on the internet.

We trust Mat Kendrick. He's the only one on Twitter worth listening to

True enough, doesn`t have to mean anything, neither does that thing from the radio. This might as well happen, or not of course. We will see, kid has to go somewhere and England is the destination. Just awaiting the usual robbery from us at the last minute, can`t wait. I almost feel the rage building up inside me :--/

Thing is, if Lambert is a way on holiday and Kendrick is only speaking to club employees lower down the food chain, maybe they don't know?   Or have been instructed to stonewall any questions until the boss gets back.

It seems a bit elaborate for a club chairman to (a) name us an an interested party (B) disclose the actual transfer fee and © say the bid is accepted. On top of that, we have the player talking specifically about us.

I'm far from convinced it will happen, BTW.  If for no other reason than you don't really turn down the chance to play for the Milan clubs or Atletico.  Injuries and suchlike occur, and you may not get another chance.