Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Doesn't this show all the signs of being a Summer long thing though? Someone mentioned he would like to play for a CL club or one with a rich history. I can see this dragging on as the CL or CL contenders in the Premier League tries to clear some players out to get him in and he sits tight to see if we're the biggest thing in for him. Just a feeling though.

Doesn't this show all the signs of being a Summer long thing though? Someone mentioned he would like to play for a CL club or one with a rich history. I can see this dragging on as the CL or CL contenders in the Premier League tries to clear some players out to get him in and he sits tight to see if we're the biggest thing in for him. Just a feeling though.

I think PL would pull out long before if they tried to go down this route. Remember they way he dealt with Dempsey, Clyne last summer, he only wants people who want to play for Villa.

Hopefully someone is making Belhanda (and his agent) aware of this.

My money is still on Arsenal

it does sound like a come and get me plea and if noone else comes in.. sure id go to villa as a stepping stone vibe.

** would still take him!

Edited by KSV

I take heart from knowing that "young and hungary" doesnt necessarily mean 'cheap'.

Thats not in any way knocking lamberts signings thus far, far from it infact, but if he is happy to bid £12m for this kid it must mean he knows he is going to be backed this summer.

from the Birmingham mail

It is understood Villa have not bid for Belhanda, despite Montpellier president Louis Nicollin claiming they and four others have made an offer for the 23-year-old playmaker.

from the Birmingham mail

It is understood Villa have not bid for Belhanda, despite Montpellier president Louis Nicollin claiming they and four others have made an offer for the 23-year-old playmaker.

Nooo!

from the Birmingham mail

Everton yesterday or day before that: "We haven't offered job to anyone", today: "We've hired Martinez"

from the Birmingham mail

Didn't Mat Kendrick backtrack on that though saying he wasn't sure if bids had been made, only business wouldn't concluded until next week

I don't see why £ 12 mill. should be thought of as a problem in this case for Mr. Lerner. This is a player about to come of age and as an investor you can be pretty sure to get your money back as well as a probable profit. Younès Belhanda is about as perfect an investment object as anything, and I'm pretty sure Lambie will be greenlighted in this case. Anything else would be shortsighted, negative and outright stupid.

Edited by Gompedyret

First of all I already posted that a couple of pages back, besides he has responded and said villa is a great club. So I doubt it`s a wind up but we will see. Seems kinda odd though, I will give you that. 

Of course Villa will deny that we've made a bid to anybody who asks.

I still believe we are (or were) in for him. Niccolin or w/e he's called wouldn't just mention us for the sake of it. He would have mentioned someone believable like Spurs or Liverpool.

Does he play in the same position as popov? Would we be after two similar players or would this guy play the proper cm role that Delph and Westwood have been playing?

Belhanda plays almost exclusively through the middle. I don't doubt he could play alongside Westwood or Delph in that deeper role if we were pushed with injuries but more likely he would play between the lines, centrally, behind the striker.

Popov appears to be more versatile with his positioning, he has played either behind the striker or on the wings multiple times this year.

bmafk3sccaekmhw.png

DONE DEAL - look at him frolicking in his villa kit ;)

To be fair that shirt fits really well - he's obviously had it made to measure - and that gesture smacks of 'ive been locked in a hotel for 48 hours' - as you say 'Done Deal'

Of course Villa will deny that we've made a bid to anybody who asks.

I still believe we are (or were) in for him. Niccolin or w/e he's called wouldn't just mention us for the sake of it. He would have mentioned someone believable like Spurs or Liverpool.

I recon a likely scenario is that we launched a bid under the noses of everyone else, than their chairman makes it public to start a bidding war.