Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Although I think that Kendrick is our best journo, that article seems to be his opinions on the ongoings.

I still think Belhanda is a long shot, if we really haven't bid then I'd be confused to why we would be mentioned in the first place.

Kendrick generally gets the news when we are going to sign someone.

The club tells him what they want him to know.

In this instance it looks like they have told him that we have enquired but not bid. This way if we don't sign him we don't lose face.

Could be entirely likely that we have bid and are waiting to see how player negotiations go before releasing any more news. That would seems to "tally" with how we have done our recent transfers (i.e. as under the radar as possible until its done)

Kendrick generally gets the news when we are going to sign someone.

The club tells him what they want him to know.

In this instance it looks like they have told him that we have enquired but not bid. This way if we don't sign him we don't lose face.

Could be entirely likely that we have bid and are waiting to see how player negotiations go before releasing any more news. That would seems to "tally" with how we have done our recent transfers (i.e. as under the radar as possible until its done)

Except he has now changed that to say he doesn't know if we've bid or not, only that we won't be concluding anything till next week at the earliest.

Nothing new or surprising.

Now we need to just hunt down the original source of the quotes to confirm.

I'd say if he really has said that then this is way ahead of the 'marquee' signing rumours that didn't materialise previously.

In the video clips I saw he seemed to lay on a few goals for Giroud. Are Arsenal interested?

They've apparently been interested for a few seasons but nothing came of it. Giroud says he has told him to come to the Prem.

d7a9224c3f0ceb19eff2c390aa151616_normal.Transfer Clockwatch ‏@Transfer_Clock55m

Belhanda is edging towards a move to Aston Villa as he'd like to play in the Premier League however Villa face competition from Inter Milan.

Twitter guff but I thought it would get everyone suitably wound up

Prefaced with the thought that I also agree it's guff. But it's interesting logic where Inter are competition for a player wanting Premier League football.

-------------Guzan

---------Vlaar-----Okore

Lowton---------------------Cresswell

-------Westwood--Delph

--------------Belhanda

Agbonlahor-------------Weimann

---------------Benteke

I'm going for a lie down...

• Like 2

-------------Guzan

---------Vlaar-----Okore

Lowton---------------------Cresswell

-------Westwood--Delph

--------------Belhanda

Agbonlahor-------------Weimann

---------------Benteke

I'm going for a lie down...

Could you imagine!

Sky are now reporting the quotes of Belhanda speaking about us directly:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8758075/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If Belhanda actually said that, that is fantastic news. If we pull this off this is the sort of signing that might convince people like Benteke to stay

I agree! It's things like Southampton signing Ramierz last year that made you stand up and notice them.