Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Despite what people's views on him are I absolutely love to watch him play. 

He’s been quite underwhelming the last few times I’ve seen him.

Quite a bit of huff and puff (which is surprising) but not a lot of quality or skills.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He’s been quite underwhelming the last few times I’ve seen him.

Quite a bit of huff and puff (which is surprising) but not a lot of quality or skills.

Watched him against United this season.

Was a joy to watch.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Watched him against United this season.

Was a joy to watch.

I don’t think I saw that one. I love his style of football, it’s really rare nowadays.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think I saw that one. I love his style of football, it’s really rare nowadays.

I mean R9 is my favorite striker of all time despite not scoring the most goals.

I'm just weak for dibblers really. Not a great fan of just the goalscoring type Nistelrooy, Haaland etc..

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think when Europe and the world sees Grealish this summer they’ll go nuts for him. Very, very rare style.

They already are, a few Turkish guys at my football know about him and love him 

They watched the villa after trez was linked with Besiktas 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I mean R9 is my favorite striker of all time despite not scoring the most goals.

I'm just weak for dibblers really. Not a great fan of just the goalscoring type Nistelrooy, Haaland etc..

If you like dribblers shouldn't Messi be your favourite. I like them too from Best to Messi

• Like 1

Neymar like Robinho is a waste of talent, both were probably more naturally talented than Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane or Lewandowski but them guys will have done more in football history

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Neymar like Robinho is a waste of talent, both were probably more naturally talented than Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry Kane or Lewandowski but them guys will have done more in football history

Over 200 goals and over 100 assists in his career. Won plenty of trophies. 

Had a really good career. Bit unfair to measure him with Messi and Ronaldo, arguably the greatest players in football history. 

• Like 1

Funny that 8 years after this thread was started I think people still debate the title. Like Zlatan he is one of those players who clearly has amazing talent but who there is a real split amongst fans on just how good they are - partly because they’ve basically ‘always had it easy’ being in the best team in their league.

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes:

Neymar's secret clause: Paid for being courteous, punctual, friendly and available for fans

El Mundo have revealed that the Brazilian player earns a sum of 541,680 euros per month for being 'courteous, punctual, friendly, and available to fans. That same clause prohibits him from publicly criticising the club's tactical setup.

Neymar's contract requires him to 'have the courtesy to greet fans before and after each game', and says that he must avoid 'any adverse comment about the team's tactical choices' and that he must avoid 'negative public comments about the club, those who wort there and those who support him'.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/ligue-1/2021/09/06/6135d5b6268e3e873c8b45f8.html

Once did a barca stadium tour in around 2008, zambrotta was definitely there cos I can remember there was a group of Italians next to me and he was the only one who waved back at them...

Just so happened when we did the tour the barca players came out from the stadium and got on the bus to travel to an away game, its a weird set up cos they just come out from a hole in the ground and you're fenced off about 100m away from them, there was a few hundred fans gathered outside the ground to watch them, fair few of them really excited and cheering, zambrotta was the only one who looked up, all of the others headphones on head down straight on the bus 

Acknowledging fans is something that should be a given but it really isn't, more clubs should put that in to contracts and more players should be "forced" to do it, you can take what you see at VP as a given

But funnily enough part of why I was a bit of a barca fan was I'd seen barca play wolves as a kid and Luis Enrique had stared at me as the coach drove past me in the city and as I recognised him and waved at him he smiled and waved back at me, stupid thing I thought he was cool because I'd once seen an over hit pass sailing over his head going out for a throw and he jumped up and caught it with both hands getting booked

17 hours ago, sne said:

Neymar's contract requires him to 'have the courtesy to greet fans before and after each game', and says that he must avoid 'any adverse comment about the team's tactical choices' and that he must avoid 'negative public comments about the club, those who wort there and those who support him'.

I would like to see what kind of storm they brew up if he breaches this contract.

• 4 months later...

Has Neymar been a flop at PSG? Into his 5th season and only 80 league games played. Ok, he's scored 59, but it is France. Mbappe has vastly outperformed him, as did Cavani, and Ibra before him. 

Seems to play about 50% of the games. By design? or is he injury prone? 

Edited by Xela

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Has Neymar been a flog at PSG? Into his 5th season and only 80 league games played. Ok, he's scored 59, but it is France. Mbappe has vastly outperformed him, as did Cavani, and Ibra before him. 

Seems to play about 50% of the games. By design? or is he injury prone? 

likes to be "injured" for chunks of games so he can go and see his family/friends, go on holiday, and basically do Naymar things.

I cant recall exactly, but afaik its a running joke that he is "injured" for set blocks of the year, year in, year out.

The guy is a total herpa derp.

Edited by MaVilla

As for flop it's hard to tell as psg will use different metrics, he hasn't won the CL, he hasn't won a Ballon Dor and he hasn't done mind boggling stats it the league when he probably should do 

But at the same time their Nike deal with all the Jordan stuff, their fanbase, their marketing, their growth etc and all that non footballing shite from tge games gone thread he's probably been a great success for them

I think psg in general seem to have a lot of gear around town here, as much as juve or utd etc maybe a little behind barca and Madrid, bigger than city though that's for sure 

Â