Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

PSG president wouldnt shake Ben Arfa hand at the of the game. Shitty club from top to bottom it seems 

to be fair to him ben arfa threw his toys out of the pram and took them for a few million in wages whilst being semi retired there*

the Neymar sound bite about hazard seems more likely to be a response to a question like "who would you like to play with?" or even "would you like to play with hazard" and of course he answered yes, its more likely though that hazard would join him at PSG than madrid buy both, agree with @villakram the financial side of things means he tied to PSG (so is mbappe) they don't need the money, they need the marketing and fanbase growth that the likes of Neymar bring

* 1) they should never have signed him 2) they are doing something similar to rabiot now so maybe its the club 3) calling him semi retired is being kind

• 1 month later...

As expected Neymar pulls out of the Copa America

Obviously he may very well have picked up an injury, but would not be at all surprised if it's faked.

The rape accusations, him being stripped of the captaincy, getting nutmegged by a reserve player in training, hitting a fan with PSG, the transfer circus around him and him generally being crap at handling pressure would have made the media pressure too great.

He'll take the summer off to go partying instead. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The guys an arsehole, embodies everything that is wrong with modern day football  / life

He arrived to training in a his batman themed helicopter.

Would not surprise me one bit if he was never actually going to take part in the Copa America and only showed up to the Qatar game because of some contract deal between Brazil and Qatar that he had to play for them to get money.

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Exceptional talent, exceptional bellend, exceptional fanny, binned his career to stat pad in a farmers league.

binned his career off chasing being the biggest global star in football and to be fair to him he's not that far off, problem is PSG cant do the CL and he's not PSG's best player

I would have thought he's in the top 5 players for marketability, definitely top 10, he was 10m off Ronaldo's figure before moving and probably closer now, don't think its a coincidence that the other younger marketable footballer Pogba comes in for very similar criticisms

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

binned his career off chasing being the biggest global star in football and to be fair to him he's not that far off, problem is PSG cant do the CL and he's not PSG's best player

I would have thought he's in the top 5 players for marketability, definitely top 10, he was 10m off Ronaldo's figure before moving and probably closer now, don't think its a coincidence that the other younger marketable footballer Pogba comes in for very similar criticisms

They come in for criticism as both flatter to deceive and seem care more for publicity

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

They come in for criticism as both flatter to deceive and seem care more for publicity

With their trophy hauls and millions in the bank, I'm sure they don't care at all. 

I absolutely don't give 100% every day at work and am more fussed about enjoying my day as much as I can while at work, rather than pushing as hard as I can. 

Not everyone loves football, I imagine being in the sport that's even more true. To them it becomes a job, a means to an end. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

With their trophy hauls and millions in the bank, I'm sure they don't care at all. 

I absolutely don't give 100% every day at work and am more fussed about enjoying my day as much as I can while at work, rather than pushing as hard as I can. 

Not everyone loves football, I imagine being in the sport that's even more true. To them it becomes a job, a means to an end

agree and would add at some point in all our working lives we pick the stuff that is easy and we actually enjoy doing, Neymar earns $20m a year in sponsorship deals etc Pogba cant be far off, keeping their Instagrams going, turning up at things, getting their hair cut, playing playstation...they earn as much from that as they do from football, I know which one I would prefer to do

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, sne said:

PSG fans making their position on him pretty clear during tonights game.

640@60.jpg640@60.jpg

Pretty clear if you understand French 

Edited by Bizzzle
Awful spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to google it. A lot.

I think it means "getting **** by a prostitute doesn't just happen during a Remontada... do you remember it?"

Which I think is a reference to him saying recently that his fondest memory in football was Barcelona's comeback vs PSG in the champions league (aka La Remontada) and him being slapped by a prostitute in that video that was going around a few months back.

One of my least favourite players.

The numerous 5-10 min long vids of him diving, faking injury, taunting other players, purposefully running in to players then jumping away from them holding his face pretending someone elbowed him,  rolling around and generally being a bellend......say it all for me.

Personally i think he's pond scum.

• Like 1

Â