Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I haven’t watched him play for a long time, is he still any good? 

31 now, I guess he’s just going to follow the money for 3 or 4 years doing a little as he can get away with.

He'll be off to Saudi Arabia at some point, not many teams in Europe could afford his wages so can't see him staying.

On 22/06/2023 at 10:21, Genie said:

I haven’t watched him play for a long time, is he still any good? 

31 now, I guess he’s just going to follow the money for 3 or 4 years doing a little as he can get away with.

It's insane to me that Neymar is 31.

On 21/06/2023 at 23:10, sne said:

Caught cheating on his pregnant girlfriend. Classy guy.

With his sister?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

Neymar would be the highest risk signing anyone could imagine.

Mega wages, bad attitude, injury prone. He has the set.

He's played less than 50% of the league games in 6 seasons at PSG. 112 out of 228.

Most league games he's played in a season is 22. Least is 15. It almost looks as though it was agreed that way. As part of his contract maybe?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Neymar would be the highest risk signing anyone could imagine.

Mega wages, bad attitude, injury prone. He has the set.

Can't imagine anyone in europe touching him, he's destined for the MLS or saudi

As for the original question I honestly don't know, he's a better footballer than robinho, he's nowhere near as good as Ronaldinho, he's had part of his career robbed by Ronaldo / Messi and part robbed by himself 

He might actually be the best footballer to throw it all away cos he couldn't be arsed ever

He's an excellent footballer, he just hasn't fulfilled his potential.

The move to PSG ruined any chances of that imo. I hope MBappe moves on soon for the same reasons

• Like 1

People are forgetting that Neymar tragically died in the summer of 2014 and was duly commemorated by his team mates as the Brazilian nation mourned.

IMG_8701.thumb.jpeg.a5c8014bec2d4401e1c0a39552f37a1f.jpeg

Typically, death can be something of a hindrance to a playing career, so that Neymar managed to remain involved with the game in some capacity following his untimely demise is commendable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's an excellent footballer, he just hasn't fulfilled his potential.

The move to PSG ruined any chances of that imo. I hope MBappe moves on soon for the same reasons

Undoubtedly a brilliant player. I think though it’s difficult for any club to accommodate 3 egos the size of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. You could probably get away with one or two (obviously Neymar and Messi worked well at Barcelona) but 3 creates too many issues. 

A decent player but nothing special. Saw him live for Barcelona several times and again for Brazil at the Qatar World Cup. He never stood out in any of the games I went to. 

Top half striker yeah but that's about it. And when you throw in his wages and injuries, its baffling that anyone employs him. 

And as for the poll question, he isn't fit to clean the boots of Ronaldo and I'm not even sure its a serious question. Probably ad good as Robinho on his day tho. Whenever that is.

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

And as for the poll question, he isn't fit to clean the boots of Ronaldo and I'm not even sure its a serious question. Probably ad good as Robinho on his day tho. Whenever that is.

It was asked 10 years ago 😜

Brazilians seem to be quite prone to looking amazing early in their careers and then stop giving a shit after a big pay day.

Robinho, Adriano, Neymar, Coutinho, Ronaldinho off the top of my head.

Â