Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Been injured or suspended for his sisters birthday for about the last 6 years hasn't he? 

And from memory one of the suspensions was laughably blatant too

He’s got a weird relationship with his sister 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Been injured or suspended for his sisters birthday for about the last 6 years hasn't he? 

And from memory one of the suspensions was laughably blatant too

No Carnival this year so he might have to play 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Has Neymar been a flop at PSG? Into his 5th season and only 80 league games played. Ok, he's scored 59, but it is France. Mbappe has vastly outperformed him, as did Cavani, and Ibra before him. 

Seems to play about 50% of the games. By design? or is he injury prone? 

Yes a major flop. He wasn't signed to win Ligue 1, a PSG B team could probably do that. He was signed to win the Champions League and Ballon Dor 

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes a major flop. He wasn't signed to win Ligue 1, a PSG B team could probably do that. He was signed to win the Champions League and Ballon Dor 

Like I said I think he was signed to sell shirts in Asia and America and he's done that

And modern football is shit 

• Like 1

Think the original poster summed it up finely. One of the most gifted individuals the game will know, his skill on the ball is absurd. In terms of having an array of moves to beat an opponent with, he might be the best of all time.

His repertoire for crafting masterful touches, literally has defenders falling over themselves, or just throwing themselves in kamikaze style hoping somehow they will miraculously win the ball, at least touch it for a moment. 

All of that being the case. I would agree with the OP. He needed mentoring to develop that killer instinct and to do it for something bigger than himself. Rights plays at the right time.

As far as I've seen, Neymar is more concerned with nutmegs and lobbing the ball over his defender two or three times before he focuses on executing a play that will benefit the team.

I just want to reiterate, in terms of having ability controlling the ball and reading an opponent combined, he might be the best ever. That's as far as the appraisal goes for me though. 

Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo the fenomeno, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Zidane, all the greats I've seen are great because they carry their team when they take the pitch.

I like Neymar. I wonder if it's simply all a bit too easy for him in terms of the showmanship, and how young he was and the level of skill he had at Santos meaning that his path was paved already. 

That seems to be what's lacking though. It's not just his path. He is representing a team, a club, and all the people who's hearts and hard earned are attached.

Maybe I miss the mark but that's how I see him.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Genie said:

HGafzPf.md.jpg

It looks like he’ll be able to drop off his sister’s birthday present in person, again.

Can we just have more of Rafaella Santos?

Â