Neymar - the new superstar, or the new Robinho?

Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Neymar - new Ronaldo, or new Robinho?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t understand the title of this thread…. Wasn’t Robinho good?

He was a very decent player, but he's often characterised as a flop who never fulfilled his potential, mostly because he was "the next Pele" when he was young. 

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t understand the title of this thread…. Wasn’t Robinho good?

He was, but his career fizzled out early and then he had to flee Italy due to a rape case. Neymar had his rape charges dropped and the accuser was charged with fraud so they are nothing the same :)

Thread is 10 years old so at the time it made sense.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

…of course it goes without saying that when a triumphant England U21 team hold a shirt up bearing the name of a Villa player whose injury prevented him from playing in the final, that’s completely different and obviously a classy gesture.

I think I was successful in avoiding any overt hypocrisy there.

2BT.gif

It is slightly different in that Brazil did it pre game (and then lost 7-1) whereas archer did it as the entire winning squad posed with the cup, JJ was part of that squad so it fit

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It is slightly different in that Brazil did it pre game (and then lost 7-1) whereas archer did it as the entire winning squad posed with the cup, JJ was part of that squad so it fit

I did reflect after and decided that the subtle difference does make it more acceptable.

But I have the nagging feeling that if Brazil had won the World Cup and held up Neymar’s shirt (he would no doubt be there, so it’s a fanciful hypothetical)…I think I would probably still be slightly critical of them :D

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Was never as impressed with him as a lot of people seemed to be. Goes missing in big matches and always misses half a season.

History will look back on Neymar as being a massive word removed more than being a half decent player. 

He's played in less than 50% of the league games for PSG since he's been there. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

So PSG have lost Messi already, Neymar almost out the door and Mbappe will either leave or be banished to the reserves for the season. Fun times.

Apparently Mbappe is staying, he did all this to get rid of Neymar.

• Haha 1

He's good at looking moody in advertisements, if that helps?

image.png.cd297b35541e4313d9d26fe1fd5aac64.png

image.png.64a552dee6681c65db7ca3bc64958501.png

Tends to look less macho when a gust of wind makes him roll on the floor crying for 10 minutes.

Edited by HKP90

7 hours ago, Xela said:

History will look back on Neymar as being a massive word removed more than being a half decent player. 

He's played in less than 50% of the league games for PSG since he's been there. 

Don't forget the convenient days off for his sisters birthday

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Clearly lost his love for the game when he followed the money to PSG.

This.

He WAS special. He was a huge prospect in Brazil and did some unbelievable stuff, and as part of that front 3 at Barca he was excellent. Plus he's delivered for Brazil consistently.

But the PSG move killed his legacy. He's never really stood out since then and there's no way he'll be held in as high a regard as he thinks he should.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

His reported Al-Hilal contract offer is absolutely grotesque. £138 million a year or £2.65 million a week

I bet he barely puts a shift in too. A few stopovers and rainbow flicks but mainly walking around. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet he barely puts a shift in too. A few stopovers and rainbow flicks but mainly walking around. 

I bet he gets every March off as well. 

• Like 1

Â