FIFA 14

hogso

Just played the demo. I came off thinking I was just on FIFA 13. Almost the exact same game. They're clearly saving themselves for next-gen.

To be fair, I don't think there's much more they can do with current-gen. I think Fifa13 is probably the best one, it's kinda hard to improve on that.

Indeed, it was more of a warning to anyone who isn't a big fan of FIFA but thought they needed to buy the new one.

I'm not expecting it to be that much different on next-gen until FIFA 15 tbh

Completely agree with this. As an example check out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVNSnpRem8

Fifa 06 on the 360, looking back now it seems pretty awful in comparison to Fifa 13.

7 years is what it took for FIFA to be everything it could on the 360, I expect it to take a few years until we see what FIFA on next-gen is really capable of.

I keep getting wrecked on possession by the pc. I make a few passes and then there is always some stray pass that gives it back to the opponent. It is so difficult to get the ball back as well. I can make numerous tackles, but it always falls to my opponent's player. 

I don't know, I am having trouble adjusting. Every time I try to sprint with the ball, it feels like my player is tripping over the ball. Defending also seems like it got worse. A chipped threw ball is so effective it's silly. 

I keep getting wrecked on possession by the pc. I make a few passes and then there is always some stray pass that gives it back to the opponent. It is so difficult to get the ball back as well. I can make numerous tackles, but it always falls to my opponent's player.

I don't know, I am having trouble adjusting. Every time I try to sprint with the ball, it feels like my player is tripping over the ball. Defending also seems like it got worse. A chipped threw ball is so effective it's silly.

I have noticed that Barcelona especially hold their line almost too well, as you say a chipped ball over the top and you can sprint straight through them.

garbage. Worst since 07.

the AI is meant to be improved??? How? Everyone sprints forward so you've got no one to pass to and you just get countered.. but that doesn't matter because the AI can't score, even simple tap ins?

I've been through 1 on 1 about 15-20 times. You either score, or, when sprinting the ball gets caught up in messi's feet.. pretty realistic.

I've loved FIFA in this gen, but this is getting as bad as COD for repetitive nonsense.

Not buying.

Isn't FIFA 14 meant to have a different engine for the next-gen consoles? Ignite, or something like that. So any demo you play on current gen won't be a representation of the best version of it.

That's true, new engine for the next gen

Seriously, who is going to find time to play this for the first couple of months with GTA coming out?

Me! I don't understand the love for GTA. So overrated.

Same. With next gen out in 2 months and that not being on it, probably won't even get it.

i dont get the whole buying card pack thingys with fifa, surely you should be able to build the team you want?

Never got it either, but it's massive. Most the people i know wack £30-£40 on points for packs. I mostly trade and make just as much money if not more than them.

i dont get the whole buying card pack thingys with fifa, surely you should be able to build the team you want?

Never got it either, but it's massive. Most the people i know wack £30-£40 on points for packs. I mostly trade and make just as much money if not more than them.

ye my mate spends loads on this, what a waste, a video game should be just that, one off purchase payment and thats it, crazy

Could anybody tell me how FUT could possibly rate Adebayor (80) and Ba (81) better than Benteke (79)? 

Lukaku is only rated 77, the same as Crouch and worse than Kone at 78

Weimann (74) and Gabby (73) is also disappointing as both are still silver players.

Seriously, who is going to find time to play this for the first couple of months with GTA coming out?

Me! I don't understand the love for GTA. So overrated.

I think Wainy is saying that he won't find time to play FIFA because he'll just be on GTA.  :ph34r:

Â