Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

A loan deal for this guy would be disappointing for two reasons.

1) clearly shows Lambert's not being fully backed by Lerner.

2) it seems pointless as surely it's in our interest to get Helenius up to speed with minutes on the pitch instead of a player we don't own.

This guy could be a back up Benteke. Helenus is built like Peter Crouch and couldn't do that role.
Then what was he bought for?

Surely he's our back up forward as well as being able to play with Benteke. Signing this guy on loan would almost certainly effect his minutes on the pitch.

People assume Helenius will be a back-up for Benteke because of his height, but he isn't strong like Benteke and he would fail at playing alone in the same role.

If anything we'll play Helenius alongside Benteke, potentially just behind him I think.

I don't assume he's back up because of his height. I assumed his back up because he's a striker.

We play with 3 strikers.

Was he not the main striker at his old club?

We could spend £100 million and not be guaranteed Europa League football next season.

If we spend in a sustainable way, on young and hungry players that are offered at great value, we have a method that will work our way up the league. Once we get to very near the Europa League spot with this method, then will be the time to go for that extra push.

Exactly, people are so impatient it's untrue. They've done everything right this summer other than find someone for Given and Ireland to go to. This is going to take at least two more windows to completely fix us. I have no idea what the have in mind for this guy but I would give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

Impatient?

We've just had possibly 3 of the worst consecutive seasons in recent memory and people are questioning how much Lambert's been backed with.

No ones demanding 100 million. No ones demanding £80,000 a week wages.

We'd hope that with an increase in TV revenue and getting someone like bent off the books that the manager would have been given more than what we've spent so far.

We could spend £100 million and not be guaranteed Europa League football next season. 

If we spend in a sustainable way, on young and hungry players that are offered at great value, we have a method that will work our way up the league.  Once we get to very near the Europa League spot with this method, then will be the time to go for that extra push.

Exactly, people are so impatient it's untrue. They've done everything right this summer other than find someone for Given and Ireland to go to. This is going to take at least two more windows to completely fix us. I have no idea what the have in mind for this guy but I would give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

It's my belief that we don't need to spend £100m. We just need a decent player to create. Imagine if we had a player like Coutinho, a player like that would give us so many more points over the year.

If we spend in a sustainable way, on young and hungry players that are offered at great value, we have a method that will work our way up the league.  Once we get to very near the Europa League spot with this method, then will be the time to go for that extra push.

It's my belief that we don't need to spend £100m. We just need a decent player to create. Imagine if we had a player like Coutinho, a player like that would give us so many more points over the year.

Even £10m would put our net spend at £20m if you believe the figures in the papers, added to being committed to paying Ireland's wages which is probably another £3m, plus possibly Given. I still think they've played a blinder this summer no mater what happens tomorrow.

• Like 1

How does Kozak make any sense though? Whats Lambert gonna do player 4-2-4 every game? Wait, its "sod it just attack more" lambert, forget I asked :)

I expect he'll be backup. If he's being signed for that reason then a loan makes a lot more sense than a permanent deal.

His stats are not great and I've never seen him play but I'll back Lambert on this as he knows better than me.  

For playing at home we could probably play a system with Kozak up front and our 3 usual starters all playing behind him and switching positions like we have seen glimpses off in some games so far this season. Could be lethal.!

His stats are not great and I've never seen him play but I'll back Lambert on this as he knows better than me.  

For playing at home we could probably play a system with Kozak up front and our 3 usual starters all playing behind him and switching positions like we have seen glimpses off in some games so far this season. Could be lethal.!

To be fair, Benteke's stats looked pretty disappointing too.

• Like 1

To be fair, Benteke's stats looked pretty disappointing too.

His 20 goals in 40 games for Genk just before signing for us wasn't too shabby tbh.