Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Still linked to Tom Ince in the press. If he ends up at Spurs I will have given him too much credit for deciding to leave Liverpool for football reasons.

The idea would be Ince stays at Blackpool on loan for the season. In this way Tottenham would simply prevent any rival Premier League team getting him, and Ince won't get Premier League game time until next season at the earliest. Then he'll have to jump into a potential Champions League side from playing in the Championship. Don't know whether we are interested but that definitely looks like the offer to refuse.

Game time most likely at Everton or Villa. Looking back at my dream two nights ago it could have been Tom Ince. It was a Tottenham shirt, however it was not the Tottenham sponsor on it.

I dreamt last night that we signed Rosalind Lutece. Make of that what you will.

Just before I woke up I had "short clip" (2 seconds) of someone who was very similar looking to Paulinho.  I don't normally dream of footballers BTW. Actually, never. This was not a proper dream either, just a short clip, as I said, just prior to waking up. This player had a white shirt with "M S" written on it as sponsor. The colour of the sponsor was like Spur's sponsor, which made me think of Paulinho (can't be him though). Instead of the HP in white on blue, the M S was written in blue. 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/25/article-2401666-1B5C04B0000005DC-229_634x477.jpg

Edited by Con

Ideal day transfer wise would be...

IN

Kozak

Abdoulaye Ba (loan)

Boudebouz (last minute deal)

Out

Given (Liverpool)

Ireland (Boro)

Bannan (Palace)

Hutton (Anywhere)

I know it's probably not going to happen though!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

IN

Kozak

Abdoulaye Ba (loan)

Out

Given (Liverpool)

Ireland (Boro)

Bannan (Palace)

Hutton (Anywhere)

Don't think Boro could pay even third of his wages but I guess that'd be better than anything.

IN

Kozak

Abdoulaye Ba (loan)

Out

Given (Liverpool)

Ireland (Boro)

Bannan (Palace)

Hutton (Anywhere)

Don't think Boro could pay even third of his wages but I guess that'd be better than anything.

Indeed, my boss is a "boro fan and he thinks it would be about a fifth of his wages... Apparently on 65k here.... Shocking wages for someone who does ball all! if we could shift all 4 of the "bomb squad" today we would have space to bring in 2-3 players... only my opinion though.

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Hutton still available unfortunately.

Ireland will goto Boro but we will be paying most his wages id say which is pointless. Why reward him with games if were still paying his wages. Just let him rot.

Bannan is off permanently i think SSN said.

Given may end up at a smaller club for him to reject a move to Liverpool as he wants games. Otherwise he will go rather than being stuck as 3rd choice keeper here.

• Like 1

ah crap, I though Hutton was back off to spain. 

so best case is we will still be paying Hutton's wages and 4/5ths of Irelands, Given will be offskis and so will Bannan. That's probably still upwards of £70k a week off the books, so not bad. 

worst case though is we only shift the £20k of Bannan's wages off the books. better than nothing, but it means we still will be under austerity rules for another year at least.

Today will tell us what PL plans for the season are, if we don't sign this ATM most Villans feel we are missing then I can only assume that PL believes we either have that player or don't need him due to the team formations he will play.

TBH if it's the later then I'm thankful I'm living in Australia because otherwise I would have a season ticket and with this squad I'm expecting some very frustrating home games. If he believes we already have that player then I wish he would show us as other than GG I'm struggling to see who out of the rest would be capable, even then Gardener is a long shot.

I can only think the reason for buying another striker is in anticipation of selling Benteke next summer or maybe he's already had enough of either Gabby or AW??

Wait a minute...

Heard from a good source we'll try and get Libor Kozák from Lazio but it won't be until near deadline day and there'll be some confusion whether it'll be a loan or a transfer and if he'll be the last signing we make this window

tumblr_m81tt8p5If1rn95k2o1_250.gif

tumblr_lthlbg3c0K1qeovjd.gif

Should've changed the date to April 1st.

• Like 1

Kozak does not appear to have much ability on the ball.. i havent seen much of him though so prepared to give him a go.. anyone seen alot of him?

He would be good if we had Kiyotake swinging in awesome corners... but we dont even have players who cross or have good set piece abilities. So i find a move for Kozak strange. He doesnt seem similar to Benteke to be his back up.

I hope we do sign a player who can take set pieces and will walk into our starting line up in CM so we can benefit from Kozak's height and heading abilities.

Ireland will goto Boro but we will be paying most his wages id say which is pointless. Why reward him with games if were still paying his wages. Just let him rot.

And why would that be in our interests?

paying 10k of his wages.. whats the point? if you let him rot till January.. he might actually decide he wants to play and accept lower salaries to leave in January.