Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

So, you are saying Lambert would make the same choices as MON? Lambert has the same scouting network, would waste money and does not deserve backing?

You don't trust him?

Because if PL wanted a player, I would back him 100% - if he wanted Kiyo, I would back him at the £10m estimated price.

He is not MON.

That isn't what your original post said at all. Your original post claimed that teams like Cardiff and Southampton are spending £12m on players and therefore next season they'll do better than us and will be sniffing around Westwood and Lowton and we'd do well to keep them. I'm saying that spending lots of money doesn't by itself guarantee success, and can indeed even be unhelpful in the long run (as our recent history suggests). I really don't believe that the fact we're not buying expensive players means we're going to be losing our good players to other mid-table teams any time soon.

Whether Lambert gets backed is a different question. For the record, yes, I think Lambert would do well if given a big pot of money. However with the club in the current state it is in I can understand why the management may not want to do so, and the fact he is able to buy good quality players cheaply is probably a major factor in why he got the job in the first place.

You were being overly dramatic to illustrate your point, essentially. I do partially agree with the point you were making, but not the logic you were using to justify it.

EDIT - removed the massive multi-quote.

Yes,that was one part of my post.

Context.

I'm now bored.

Still think there may be a second player but that certain players will need to leave for that one to happen.

Hairy Hands seems to think Kozak is the only one.

I'm not ITK or anything, just thinking out loud. Richard said in the past that there could be 2 more coming in and I reckon that the second will probably depend on the likes of Given, Ireland and Bannan leaving, which is pretty unlikely.

Apparently the odds have been slashed on us loaning Lukaku. Inrecdibly unlikely.

Surely not if we're signing Kozak.

Unless the worst has happened with Benteke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Arsenal ARE about to spend a good £35m on Ozil...

Apparently the odds have been slashed on us loaning Lukaku. Inrecdibly unlikely.

Surely not if we're signing Kozak.

Unless the worst has happened with Benteke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Arsenal ARE about to spend a good £35m on Ozil...

And Madrid supposedly gonna bid 45m for Suarez which would mean Liverpool could be on the look out for a striker... 

We are so desperate for creativity I will be shocked if we sign someone who isn't an creative attacking midfielder

Then I think you are in for a shock.

Told you. :)

There's still time for an attacking midfielder :)

I'm not giving up hope. :)

We are so desperate for creativity I will be shocked if we sign someone who isn't an creative attacking midfielder

You said you would be shocked if we signed someone who isn't an attacking midfielder, this guy ain't an attacking midfielder and you ain't getting one, trust me.

You said you would be shocked if we signed someone who isn't an attacking midfielder, this guy ain't an attacking midfielder and you ain't getting one, trust me.

Consider me shocked then. :P

Edited by PieFacE