Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I might be very wide of the mark here, but Gary Gardner has just followed Tom Ince on twitter. Why would he do that? Could there be something in it??

They're the same age so might know each other from England youth squads but the timing of it is interesting.

I might be very wide of the mark here, but Gary Gardner has just followed Tom Ince on twitter. Why would he do that? Could there be something in it??

They're the same age so might know each other from England youth squads but the timing of it is interesting.

It is when you consider we are supposedly after an attacking midfield player who can add goals from the midfield area.

Yes, this could mean a heck of a lot, in fact it's a definite sign that Tom Ince will be wearing the claret and blue shirt very soon, OR it could, and mostly likely mean, that they're mates.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

When Benteke leaves for around 50 mil next summer we can use that money to build a more complete squad full of quality players. I'd like to see around 6 10 million pound signing of young players who show promising potential.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for players costing 6-10m, if we do sell Benteke for 40-50m.

As long as we are in keeping with the wage budget (which we should be, as Ireland's contract expires, and we can attempt to offload any of Given, Bent, Hutton, Bannan & N'Zogbia) then I see no reason why Lambert's transfer kitty shouldn't be boosted by a large chunk of the money from Benteke's sale.

I would also much rather we spent 6-10m on a promising youngster with sky-high potential, than a Downing/N'Zogbia/Warnock type player.

But ask yourself this

Assuming we somehow manage to make mid table this season and avoid another relegation scrap. Why would a clutch of 6-10m valued players want to join a mid table side that have just sold their best player ?

You need to buy from a position of strength not weakness

Somehow manage? Not confident about this season bud? We've already showed we're a completely different side to last year and we didnt go down last year.

Don't think we've got the money to spend, sadly. Which clubs have spent less than us this pre-season?

A fair few actually, which is strange as there should be more money floating around this season.

Arsenal

Palace

Everton

Fulham

Hull

Man Utd

Newcastle

Stoke

WBA

All have spent less.

Could argue that Liverpool, Sunderland and Spurs net spend might be lower than ours too.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 2

Don't think we've got the money to spend, sadly. Which clubs have spent less than us this pre-season?

A fair few actually, which is strange as there should be more money floating around this season.

Arsenal

Palace

Everton

Fulham

Hull

Man Utd

Newcastle

Stoke

WBA

All have spent less.

Could argue that Liverpool, Sunderland and Spurs net spend might be lower than ours too.

Suprised at how long that list is. Particularly Hull and Palace who seemed to be throwing money about - how much was Gayle? £6m? After all the talk you'd be pretty pissed off as an Arsenal fan wouldn't you?

Have to admit I'm slightly dissapointed we've not signed anyone else so far, having only spent about £10m altogether. I don't think we'll struggle this season, but I'm not sure we'll do quite as well as some hoped.

"Which clubs have spent less than us this pre-season?". I think the question may be how many of the clubs AndyM3000 has listed will have spent less net than us at the end of the window Pilchard. It is likely to be something below 9 if we make no more signings or any signing we might make is say £4m or below. They say no news is good news but so late into the window I think it may not be.

what you should be asking is how many clubs have bought better than us

Newcastle could go and spunk a ton of money on players that 6 months later don't make them look any better again

just about every team in the league could go out a buy a young CB for £20m that would do well to look a better prospect than okore

• Like 1