Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'm still hoping we bring in an attacking midfielder, it seems like it won't be happening though  :(

I've been saying we will all summer.

Like you I'm still hoping.

23 hours 32 minutes & counting.

At the moment it just seems to be Kozak in & Bannan out.

Wait a minute...

Heard from a good source we'll try and get Libor Kozák from Lazio but it won't be until near deadline day and there'll be some confusion whether it'll be a loan or a transfer and if he'll be the last signing we make this window

tumblr_m81tt8p5If1rn95k2o1_250.gif

1opaTDC.gif

:P

• Like 1

Wait a minute...

Heard from a good source we'll try and get Libor Kozák from Lazio but it won't be until near deadline day and there'll be some confusion whether it'll be a loan or a transfer and if he'll be the last signing we make this window

tumblr_m81tt8p5If1rn95k2o1_250.gif

We aren't buying Ronaldinho. Doesn't fit with PL's plan, etc...

• Like 2

"what you should be asking is how many clubs have bought better than us". I agree that we have bought very well but just think what a difference backing Lambo with the money for another one or even 2 signings might have on where we end up at the end of this season villa4europe. I do not think another £4m - £8m would be unreasonable for Lambo to expect to get if he has identified players given his track record in the market. I hope jacketspuds is right and the backing will be there and lead to a signing.

what  you should be asking is how many players has Lambert told the chairman he wanted to sign and then not been backed to do so ? here is no evidence that the chairman hasn't backed Lambert to sign the players he wanted in fact given the speed with which we made most of our signings the evidence is quite the contrary.

In three windows, Lambert has signed 15 players. how many more do you want ?

Lambert should be backed fully. If he's not it speak volumes about what Lerner actually wants for this football club.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he hasn't been backed.

Lambert seems to want to do things his way. If what you're suggesting were true surely we'd have sold Benteke this summer.

"what you should be asking is how many players has Lambert told the chairman he wanted to sign and then not been backed to do so ? here is no evidence that the chairman hasn't backed Lambert to sign the players he wanted in fact given the speed with which we made most of our signings the evidence is quite the contrary".."In three windows, Lambert has signed 15 players. how many more do you want?"

We will may never know if Lambert has asked for money for players and been refused it dukes. The speed with which we have made most of our signings is also not compelling evidence that would support this conclusion. Our manager needed to bring in players when he came to us and has done so. He may have brought in more players at the price he paid for Benteke if he had the money to do so to add to those players he wanted that would cost less. To answer your last question I would like another 2 players in this window but I back the manager to bring in the player(s) he sees as highest priority that he can afford to bring in within the budget he is given.

Lambert had said several times that he bought into Randy's mission for the club so it's not really a question of him being backed it's one of him continuing within the parameters set and agreed to when he was hired.

• Like 1

We will may never know if Lambert has asked for money for players and been refused it dukes. The speed with which we have made most of our signings is also not compelling evidence that would support this conclusion. Our manager needed to bring in players when he came to us and has done so. He may have brought in more players at the price he paid for Benteke if he had the money to do so to add to those players he wanted that would cost less. To answer your last question I would like another 2 players in this window but I back the manager to bring in the player(s) he sees as highest priority that he can afford to bring in within the budget he is given.

It seems to me that Lambert and Lerner have agreed a strategy for transfers, Lambert strikes me as a manager with a lot of integrity, the second Lerner moved the goalposts then I think we'd know about it one way or another (most likely with his resignation). As someone else has stated there seems to be a real 'family' spirit at the club, and players like Lowton and Westwood were very quick to sign new contracts this summer. Benteke didn't really hang around either after Villa's imposed deadline for his move had passed.

It's easy to sit and play Football Manager by trotting off a few £10M signings, but in that game as in real life the real skill is in finding the next batch of £10M rated players, and building your team.

With the new signings, and long term contracts to key players I think the summer has turned out well. I'd still love us to sign an Attacking Midfieder and possibly a left sided attacker in case Gabby gets injured, but one thing i have come to accept from Lambert is that the price he pays for players does not necessarily have anything to do with their ability. I cannot think when we last had a manager spending so little and getting so much from his players. So if at the end of today we've signed one or two unknowns for a combined fee of a lawnmower. a packet of crisps and a dirty handkerchief i'll be as happy as if we'd spent £15M stealing James McCarthy from under Everton's noses. 

• Like 1

Apparently Tottenham in for Ince now too, how many midfielders can they seriously have?!

How many forwards can we have? :)

The difference is we play three at a time, which means we have little back up. Spurs can't fit 17 players into four positions or keep all happy.

I'm not bothered if we spend £10m or sign a player on a free transfer. I just believe that our squad is lacking in the attacking midfield area, which is frustrating when you see us struggle to break down teams at home.

I agree. It would take one player to change that. Maybe Tonev will be that player, but he looks a long way away from being that from what i've seen so far.