Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

What about Ashley Williams of Swansea? Apparently Arsenal are being linked, but I can't see Wenger going for a guy who'll be 29 in September. For us though, that'd be exactly what we're looking for, and he'd not be stupid money. 5-6m maybe?

If all the gossip on the National Media rumour mill is to be believed then Ashley Willaims is a shoe in to team up with former Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool this summer.

Sadly, can't see Villa pulling this one off so I think this one's dead in the water.

I still think Anderson from United would be a good shout, been there for 6 years now and is 25 - Premiership experience, clearly has talent, just not good enough to cut it at United in my opinion. He must be settled in England too, being as he has lived here since a teenager, reckon we could grab him for a few million.

I don't think anyone Ferguson is prepared to let go is worth touching with a barge pole. QPR made that mistake with dog eater Ji Sung Park.

Anderson? A definite no from me.

Anderson's Dog? - A definite yes from Ji Sung Park!

*cough* Paul McGrath *cough*

Not sure what being racist towards Ji Sung Park has to do with Anderson being good or not but yeah.. anyway

Yeah, what the **** is that all about?

I think Anderson is a handy enough player, or at least would be at our level. Or would be if we'd found him ourselves.

He cost them £20m. Astonishing really. He's worth perhaps a quarter of that maximum.

Not sure what being racist towards Ji Sung Park has to do with Anderson being good or not but yeah.. anyway

Yeah, what the **** is that all about?

I think Anderson is a handy enough player, or at least would be at our level. Or would be if we'd found him ourselves.

He cost them £20m. Astonishing really. He's worth perhaps a quarter of that maximum.

we want players on the way up, not on the way down....steer clear of Man U

Wolf Eikrem from Molde? he would be a rather good replacement for Ireland for the Attacking Mid spot, Or Van Ginkel (Dreaming a little)

Center back wise I'd be tempted to go for someone like Nordtveit (can play CDM), James Chester (Should have got him in Jan) or Bruno Martins Indi from Feyenoord..

Also either Nathan Redmond or Tom Ince please ;)

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

No, not Eikrem. I have watched him play for quite some time and he is not good enough for villa, believe me. 

Nordtveit has just signed a new contract for borussia so I doubt it. He also mentioned that it felt good to stay at a team for a longer period of time and not moving around(since he was loaned out and so on)

Nathan Redmond is someone I want myself but to be fair I have seen little of him lately so not sure on how he performs. Would be nice to take him from them though.

Tom Ince...maybe? There where so many rumors around him going to liverpool so I have a feeling that this summer might be it.

No, not Eikrem. I have watched him play for quite some time and he is not good enough for villa, believe me. 

Nordtveit has just signed a new contract for borussia so I doubt it. He also mentioned that it felt good to stay at a team for a longer period of time and not moving around(since he was loaned out and so on)

Nathan Redmond is someone I want myself but to be fair I have seen little of him lately so not sure on how he performs. Would be nice to take him from them though.

Tom Ince...maybe? There where so many rumors around him going to liverpool so I have a feeling that this summer might be it.

Redmong! No thanks! No sha scum around here thank you very much!

Is there any need to be racist?

Anyways, expect more of the same. I Expect the biggest fee to be paid for a CB and LB. CM is also high on the list. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cavanda here.

• Like 1

Don't think we'll really need attacking mids or wingers unless N'Zogbia leaves as we have Gabby and Weimann playing on the wings and Benteke as lone striker, I'd expect us to sign one more physical defensive midfielder, left back, central defender and maybe right back if we release Lichaj, and obviously goalkeeper if we can get rid of Given.

my opinion about another keeper is that he still needs to be good enough to challenge guzan and probably cover all cup games, and someone that isnt going to look lost between the sticks, for that i would like to the unrealistic shout out for a return of boaz myhill

yes hes 30 years old so theres still 8 or so years left in him, but hes also 6ft 3

Redmong! No thanks! No sha scum around here thank you very much!

Why?

I mean I hate them more than you, trust me on that one. I just don't get why you wouldn't want a player who is for all intents a very good young prospect, could be had on the cheap in a position we could probably use another option based on the club he currently plays for? Unless he's a massive bluenose, which I know nothing of and would probably rule him out regardless. 

To be honest I'm kind of terrified of next season, Lambert bought some great value players with £20m, ok not all have been world beaters but what would you get if you tried to sell all these players now £50m? I hope that with the increased tv money and the reduction in the wage budget that we will have a war chest next year and it scares me to think of what kind of squad we could have next season, if we can keep them together the year after that we'll be challenging.

Unless he's a massive bluenose, which I know nothing of and would probably rule him out regardless.

rumours that he was a villa fan, im sure his family is villa and that he used to watch us

id take him for the right price, he's done a bit of an albrighton, came through full of confidence and looked a great prospect and has now gone a bit quiet and doesnt look half as good, needs a move to freshen his career, £4/5m tops IMO and with the rivalry and no doubt other interest im not sure they'd go for it

Mike Havenaar Dutch/Japanese striker from Vitesse Arnhem, anybody know something about him? Looks a decent player to me.

we were actually linked with him under Houllier or McLeish

Anderson would be a very good signing for us. He's not good enough for the top level (at least in this country) but he is certainly more than good enough for our level. As much as I like Delph I think a player like Anderson would be a definite upgrade.

That said our priorities should be two centre backs (of which at least one of those to go straight into the first team) and a left back to go straight into the first team.