Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I expect a continuation of our current policy. Bye bye big earners left over from previous regimes, and hello to young players we haven't heard of and a few experienced names to help the cause.

At the end of the summer we'll certainly be like

disappointed-dad-o.gif

But at the end of the season I'm sure we'll be more

george-takei-celebration-gif1.gif

• Like 1

Would anybody take any Wigan players should they go down?

McCarthy, Kone?

I'd take Maloney. Good creative midfielder, also a great work rate just like Lambert likes 'em.

• Like 1

Would anybody take any Wigan players should they go down?

McCarthy, Kone?

I'd take Maloney. Good creative midfielder, also a great work rate just like Lambert likes 'em.

Doubt he'd come back to us.... I'd take Hoilett from Qpr as a winger as he's young, quick and fairly skillful, Granero is a quality passing CM but wages are very high from anyone bought from Qpr!

1x CB (Mid 20's to add experience along Vlaar, Dunne replacement)

1x LB (to replace Bennett if he's still not cutting it)

1x AM (To replace Ireland)

1x Box to Box Midfielder (To take Bannan's "place")

1x Winger/Inside Forward (So we can change formation when needed and backup for Gabbs/Weimann)

1x ST (Bent replacement)

1x Back up GK (Given Replacement)

That would set us straight...

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

I wouldnt take anyone from QPR, they are down there for a reason. Overpaid bunch of primadonnas who don't give a shit about who they play for. Granero and Hoilett seem overrated anyway.

I wouldnt take anyone from QPR, they are down there for a reason. Overpaid bunch of primadonnas who don't give a shit about who they play for. Granero and Hoilett seem overrated anyway.

That's why Lambert's approach is brilliant... Westwood, Benteke, Bennett, Sylla, Lowton and Guzan are all trying for the boss who gave them the chance to prove how good they are... that strategy "SHOULD" get us an upper hand when trying to get players from other leagues..... We have a track record of bringing in players who we improve and gel into a team!

1x Winger/Inside Forward (So we can change formation when needed and backup for Gabbs/Weimann)

1x ST (Bent replacement)

I don't think we need that many, that's practically a whole new team (I suppose that might be exactly what you mean, though). Left back a must. CB a must. I'm torn as to whether we need a DM more than a creative midfielder -- Sylla and Westwood are a good partnership. Delph still gives away too many silly fouls and collects too many yellows. Remains to be seen if Carruthers or Gardner could fill the creative slot next season. But either a defensive midfield enforcer or a good creator needed, or possibly both.

(Forgot Maloney was with us! Forgive me, I am a newbie compared to probably everyone else here; I discovered football late in life, English football even later, and Villa later still. I'd still have him back, I think he'd be a good fit with this current squad.)

1x ST (Bent replacement)

I don't think we need that many, that's practically a whole new team (I suppose that might be exactly what you mean, though). Left back a must. CB a must. I'm torn as to whether we need a DM more than a creative midfielder -- Sylla and Westwood are a good partnership. Delph still gives away too many silly fouls and collects too many yellows. Remains to be seen if Carruthers or Gardner could fill the creative slot next season. But either a defensive midfield enforcer or a good creator needed, or possibly both.

(Forgot Maloney was with us! Forgive me, I am a newbie compared to probably everyone else here; I discovered football late in life, English football even later, and Villa later still. I'd still have him back, I think he'd be a good fit with this current squad.)

I'm more thinking those would be replacements for the players we will sell this summer, Given, Dunne, bent, Ireland etc... But I think we will probably get 5-7 players in depending on if we sign a few prospects (ala Bowery).... I really can't wait to see Yacouba Sylla once he's settled down... him and Westwood give me massive confidence tbh! :) Hmmm Maloney wouldn't be bad... he was decent when he was here but he kept wanting to go back to scotland... If he's grown up a bit then I'd take him!

Wouldn't take anyone from QPR. All overrated and over priced players who don't put enough effort in and that is why they are where they are. They should be easily mid table.

Wouldn't take Townsend either, greedy player.

• Like 1

I would take remy though, no questions asked. Nice replacement for Bent :)

Can't see it happening but he's actually the kinda player we need, someone that can cover the wide forward positions and also play down the middle too

I don't think we'll be getting any players from teams that go down, anybody worth grabbing will be wanting high wages and to be fair I'd rather stick to the idea of making players earn increased salaries rather than simply getting them from the outset.

Apparently this Murphy is worth a genuine look in from Crewe to partner Westwood.

Luke Murphy would get a good player to get in tbh.... judging by how Westwood's got on... If he brings Max Clayton too then Happy Days!

What would anyone say to replacing Darren Bent with Dwight Gayle??? This is with us keeping Benteke too!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Newcastle are on a downward trajectory with a very real chance of being dumped out of the division. I wonder if there'd be a couple of players we could poach from there.