Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

wouldn't mind us trying to get Kevin De Bruyne off Chelsea - he's currently on loan at Werder Bremen. He'd certainly add to our attacking options from midfield.

Hopefully Benteke could put a word in to convince him

• Like 2

wouldn't mind us trying to get Kevin De Bruyne off Chelsea - he's currently on loan at Werder Bremen. He'd certainly add to our attacking options from midfield.

On his way to Dortmund to replace Götze apparently

On his way to Dortmund to replace Götze apparently

bugger.

If we're talking about potential targets we like the look of here's a couple of mine for now:

Fabrice N'Sakala, 22yo Left Back, Troyes. Has performed well in a side about to be relegated from Ligue 1. Makes the most tackles per game out of everyone in Ligue 1 this season.  Has expressed in the past his interest in one day playing in England. Only has one year on his contract left so could be got very cheap. Would be a cheap option to give competition to Bennet for the left back position. Previously linked with West Ham and Fulham. Cost guess: ~£1.5m.

Marco van Ginkel, 20yo Central Midfielder, Vitesse. 8 goals and 8 assists for a side in the top half of the Eredivisie this season. Very promising midfielder that could supply the attacking thrust we need from midfield. Has played for the Dutch national U-21 side for two years and got his first call up to the full national side recently. Has two years left on his current contract and has recently said that he may move on at the end of the season if he knows he can go somewhere he'll get minutes. Sounds like the right kind of attitude that Lambert likes. Has been linked with Ajax, Everton and Norwich. Cost guess: £6m-£8m.

• Like 3

I still think Anderson from United would be a good shout, been there for 6 years now and is 25 - Premiership experience, clearly has talent, just not good enough to cut it at United in my opinion. He must be settled in England too, being as he has lived here since a teenager, reckon we could grab him for a few million.

His wages would be massive. I thought he'd be a huge player for United tbh, but he's been a real disappointment. He'd be quite a risk

I would assume he'd be in United's lower wage bracket, between 30k-50k? Surely no more than that. Also coming up to the World Cup a lot of players will now want regular football to try and get into their national teams.

Agree it could be a risk but hey, every signing is I guess. Would add a good third dimension to our midfield trio in my opinion, either Anderson/Westwood/Delph, Anderson/Westwood/Sylla, Anderson/Delph/Sylla and he isn't a lightweight either.

Doubt Lambo would go in for him though either way.

Anderson could probably move abroad and end up at at one of the lower-rank Champions League clubs.  I don't think his attitude is what Lambert looks for in a player.  I like the idea though - it's going to be an exciting summer I think.

Wouldn't mind Marko Marin either...

I still think Anderson from United would be a good shout, been there for 6 years now and is 25 - Premiership experience, clearly has talent, just not good enough to cut it at United in my opinion. He must be settled in England too, being as he has lived here since a teenager, reckon we could grab him for a few million.

I don't think anyone Ferguson is prepared to let go is worth touching with a barge pole. QPR made that mistake with dog eater Ji Sung Park.

Anderson? A definite no from me.

Anderson's Dog? - A definite yes from Ji Sung Park!

What about Ashley Williams of Swansea? Apparently Arsenal are being linked, but I can't see Wenger going for a guy who'll be 29 in September. For us though, that'd be exactly what we're looking for, and he'd not be stupid money. 5-6m maybe?

What about Ashley Williams of Swansea? Apparently Arsenal are being linked, but I can't see Wenger going for a guy who'll be 29 in September. For us though, that'd be exactly what we're looking for, and he'd not be stupid money. 5-6m maybe?

Would be more than that. Plus he will be playIng in Europe for swans. Laudrup is also very highly respected throughout world football. Just can't see Williams wanting to leave, even though he is from this area