Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Cavanda has been linked to a few PL teams, so his price will have risen.

I would like us to get Davide Santon from Newcastle, he's not been first choice since Haidara joined them, also he's versatile can play LB or RB.

IIRC correctly, Henke was meant to be watching Dragovic and Stocker on his last scouting trip for Villa. Both players I'd gladly take. 

I was only half-watching the Basel v Tottenham game but whenever I looked up Dragovic seemed to be running things.  Would be an interesting signing.

Dragovic,

Cavanda

Remy Cabella (CAM, Better attitude than Belhanda, arguably carried Mont this year!)

Alex Smithies

Wissam Ben Yedder

lines us up like this..

----------------Guzan

----------Vlaar-------Dragovic

Lowton-----------------------Cavanda

-----------Sylla

--------------------Westwood

------------Cabella

Agbonlahor

----------------------Weimann

------------Benteke

I wonder if we will have months of speculation, just to get two no name players again. 

If those "no names" end up being as good as Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Benteke and even Sylla, I won't be too disappointed.

Edited by Stevo985

I wonder if we will have months of speculation, just to get two no name players again. 

If those "no names" end up being as good as Vlaar, Lowton, Westwood, Benteke and even Sylla, I won't be too disappointed.

Oh nor would I, but I'd just like to see us some a few known players to make sure we dont get in a relegation scrap again. I think with a few players, we can finish top 10 and maybe try for europa. Wishful thinking I know.

Out:

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

Stephens

Lichaj

Petrov

Makoun

Herd

Ireland

NZogbia

Bent

Delfouneso

In:

GK

CB

LB

DM

AM

WNG

STR

Just not sure we'll have that many coming in. Thats what I'd like though

I understand Lambert really likes Herd and wants to keep him (as a squad player). I think Lichaj, Stephens and Zog will also stay unless we get very good offers

I think Albrighton, Bannan and Marshall could also be shown the exit and we will end Dawkins loan spell

To bring in : FOUR : Goalkeeper, CentreBack, Attacking Midfield and Striker (plus emergence of some of the youngsters Gardner, Carruthers, Williams, Burke, Johnson)

Rose has come of age this season. 

He's really come on the second half, not a chance we'll get him for anything less than £8m.

He'll be starting LB for Spurs by the end of next season.

Positions that are essential for me:

Left back

Centre half

Winger, left or right, doesn't matter

If we get 3 players of a really good standard in just those positions I wouldn't be too disappointed. Would love it if we could get a CM and a ST as well.

Yep - I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett returned up North. If we don't sign at least one CB + FB serious questions need to be asked. 

I would - no chance of Bennett leaving

This isn't your first rodeo, is it?

Not with Lerner at the helm. 

Basing your judgement on Villa transfer activity, seemingly, from ONE JANUARY transfer window is short sighted. We signed 8 players (?) last summer ffs. 

It's hard to buy players in January. Yadda yadda, use yer brain goddammit.  :huh:

Out:

Given

Dunne

Warnock

Hutton

Stephens

Lichaj

Petrov

Makoun

Herd

Ireland

NZogbia

Bent

Delfouneso

In:

GK

CB

LB

DM

AM

WNG

STR

Just not sure we'll have that many coming in. Thats what I'd like though

I understand Lambert really likes Herd and wants to keep him (as a squad player). I think Lichaj, Stephens and Zog will also stay unless we get very good offers

I think Albrighton, Bannan and Marshall could also be shown the exit and we will end Dawkins loan spell

To bring in : FOUR : Goalkeeper, CentreBack, Attacking Midfield and Striker (plus emergence of some of the youngsters Gardner, Carruthers, Williams, Burke, Johnson)

No LB VillaCas??

--------------Benteke------------------

Agbonlahor ----------Weimann

New CAM(?)

-------Westwood -- Sylla( New CDM?)---------

New LB(?) ------Baker---Vlaar ------Lowton

Guzan

I think LB & CAM are certainly needed badly.  We also need a new CB that's experienced enough, and quick as well hopefully. However I think Baker and Vlaar could do okay job.

Sylla has great potential, but he's still young and much to learn, would like to have at least one experienced CDM in his middle 20's, and Sylla coming off the bench / cups.

A CAM is necessity, we need a good playmaker, and we lack one at the moment. A reliable winger would be helpful too. I'd be farily happy with that squad if we could make it happen.

And of course along those, few youngsters as well.

Out: Dunne, Makoun, Hutton, Given, Ireland, Bent, Delfouneso, going be hard to get rid of Ireland and Given though due to their high wages.

In: A new left back, centre-back x 2, experienced ACM and striker, haven't got a clue name wise, possibly Lescott, Flamini, Santon and Remy :)

Out: Dunne, Makoun, Hutton, Given, Ireland, Bent, Delfouneso, going be hard to get rid of Ireland and Given though due to their high wages.

In: A new left back, centre-back x 2, experienced ACM and striker, haven't got a clue name wise, possibly Lescott, Flamini, Santon and Remy :)

So that's 3 players on massive-ish ( for Villa ) wages. Not going happen. Why Remy if we keep Benteke?

Lescott is a good shout. I'd love Flamini, but doubt we have any chance of geting him. I doubt Newcastle is selling Santon too.