Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Don't think we'll really need attacking mids or wingers unless N'Zogbia leaves as we have Gabby and Weimann playing on the wings and Benteke as lone striker, I'd expect us to sign one more physical defensive midfielder, left back, central defender and maybe right back if we release Lichaj, and obviously goalkeeper if we can get rid of Given.

I think 2 actual wingers would be priceless for us, but it'd mean a bit of a system change. Can't see that happening unless Benteke leaves

Aubameyang would indeed fit our style nicely but I think he's now put himself in the window of clubs currently a level above us with regards potential transfer fees and wages. I can see him going to Arsenal.

Simon Kjaer, the Danish centre back at Wolfsburg hasn't kept up with his level of play that he had at Palermo, he's even been dropped in a fair few games this season I believe. He's still only 24 though and still regularly picked for the international team. His contract is up next year so I imagine Wolfsburg will try to get some money back for him this summer. Would you take the risk at £5m+ knowing that he's not the very highly rated player he once was and has been criticised for making mistakes recently?

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

Aubameyang would indeed fit our style nicely but I think he's now put himself in the window of clubs currently a level above us with regards potential transfer fees and wages. I can see him going to Arsenal.

Simon Kjaer, the Danish centre back at Wolfsburg hasn't kept up with his level of play that he had at Palermo, he's even been dropped in a fair few games this season I believe. He's still only 24 though and still regularly picked for the international team. His contract is up next year so I imagine Wolfsburg will try to get some money back for him this summer. Would you take the risk at £5m+ knowing that he's not the very highly rated player he once was and has been criticised for making mistakes recently?

I'm sure Laursen would give us a hand in figuring out whether he's worth picking up too if we asked

Kjaer would be worth a punt, again another player who will want to put himself out there for the World Cup and I would assume want to prove his doubters wrong. Can't see him staying at Wolfsburg and I actually doubt we would even have to pay £5m being as he will be out of contract at the end of next season.

Have a feeling Lambert will move for Harry Maguire in the summer. I think he will become a very good CB in the future.

Maguire would be quality!!! We should have gone for him in Jan or last summer.... Very very composed on the ball, brave and is like Lowton in many respects!

The truth of matter is, that no matter how much we speculate about transfers, we are wasting out breath.

Chances are we will barely know the players lambert will bring in and will have to research their stats.

The truth of matter is, that no matter how much we speculate about transfers, we are wasting out breath.

Chances are we will barely know the players lambert will bring in and will have to research their stats.

Such a good post, you made it twice?

I suppose, it would be much better to speculate about the positions of potential signings I reckon.

So we have a current starting line up as;

22 Guzan

04 Vlaar

27 Bennett (NEW SIGNING)

32 Baker (NEW SIGNING)

34 Lowton

15 Westwood

16 Delph

18 Sylla (NEW SIGNING)

11 Agbonlahor

20 Benteke

26 Weimann

If we bring in three established players that would improve us from their first day and a further two young players that can be used in rotation I think we're looking good.

Cavanda at LB, Maguire to come in as a CB OR Simon Kjaer.... CM I'd be unsure of.... a CAM is what we would need really as Westwood and Delph operate as CM/CDM's..... would love a mercurial (Not like N'zo) skillful, defense unlocking AM!

Kjaer would be worth a punt, again another player who will want to put himself out there for the World Cup and I would assume want to prove his doubters wrong. Can't see him staying at Wolfsburg and I actually doubt we would even have to pay £5m being as he will be out of contract at the end of next season.

Didn't City make a similar kind of punt with Kompany, and that turned out brilliantly.  I would certainly like to see Kjaer alongside Vlaar.

I suppose, it would be much better to speculate about the positions of potential signings I reckon.

Personally I think our main focus will be:

A Centre Back

An Attacking Midfielder

A playmaker who can play behind the striker or on the flanks

And we'll also pick up:

A second-string keeper

Competition at left back

And perhaps another body in midfield.

22 Guzan

04 Vlaar

27 Bennett (NEW SIGNING)

32 Baker (NEW SIGNING)

34 Lowton

15 Westwood

16 Delph

18 Sylla (NEW SIGNING)

11 Agbonlahor

20 Benteke

26 Weimann

If we bring in three established players that would improve us from their first day and a further two young players that can be used in rotation I think we're looking good.

Baker is a more reliable defender than Vlaar.

Sylla already looks far better than Delph(who is still the weak link in our team IMO)

22 Guzan

04 Vlaar

27 Bennett (NEW SIGNING)

32 Baker (NEW SIGNING)

34 Lowton

15 Westwood

16 Delph

18 Sylla (NEW SIGNING)

11 Agbonlahor

20 Benteke

26 Weimann

Baker is a more reliable defender than Vlaar.

Sylla already looks far better than Delph(who is still the weak link in our team IMO)

Delph gets through a lot of shit work that goes unnoticed when watching on TV/stream (and this is no way in having a go at you. Obviously you can't get to games because of your location  :P) It's the same with Gabby.

Unless he's a massive bluenose, which I know nothing of and would probably rule him out regardless.

rumours that he was a villa fan, im sure his family is villa and that he used to watch us

id take him for the right price, he's done a bit of an albrighton, came through full of confidence and looked a great prospect and has now gone a bit quiet and doesnt look half as good, needs a move to freshen his career, £4/5m tops IMO and with the rivalry and no doubt other interest im not sure they'd go for it

He's been very good recently so I'm told. 19 years old...