Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Not really taking any links seriously, until we shift some more more players outward, which could be a while given the calibre of some of them

I think that is likely to have already happened. I didnt see Ireland, Bent or Given in the first day of training vid. Not exactly proof positive but you would have thought they would be there if they were still going to be part of the squad.

I think that is likely to have already happened. I didnt see Ireland, Bent or Given in the first day of training vid. Not exactly proof positive but you would have thought they would be there if they were still going to be part of the squad.

Perhaps they are training with the reserves?

Would they still be considered part of the squad? I mean, if we had a huge injury crisis or somewhat?

Eh, not really interested in the guy if he's gonna be such a flake and/or totally controlled by his agent.

David Unsworth comes to mind, but that sad sack was controlled by his wife

Now that it's over, I'm actually relieved we aren't signing Belhanda. Doesn't look like he has his head screwed on right, and it's not just about the rumour regarding his unhappiness at Kiev either.

Lambert has said he only wants players that want to be here and to work hard for the team, so Belhanda has burnt his bridges here.

He probably got there in the daytime, it was all nice, signed the pre-contract before night time set in, and then it went to -14. 

• Like 1

If I am honest I would still take him. Lambert wouldn't though of course so yeah, good luck to him.

Hmmm I hope we steer well clear, have we learned nothing from the poor attitudes of Jean II Makoun, Stephen Ireland etc.

If I am honest I would still take him. Lambert wouldn't though of course so yeah, good luck to him.

I found myself getting less and less excited about him coming here, after the last few weeks of 'will he/ wont he?'

I'm more excited about Kiyotake or Milanov now.

• Like 1

What a complete farce ffs! It might be cutting our nose off to spite our face, but I hope Lambert sticks to his guns and consigns Belhanda to the 'not going to happen' tray.

Lambert has said he only wants players that want to be here and to work hard for the team, so Belhanda has burnt his bridges here.

Exactly. We'd be mad to sign him now. If he wanted to be here he'd have chosen us already. He didn't, ergo we don't want him. Plenty more fish in the sea. Enjoy the Ukraine lad.

Just to put up a scenario here: What if he got offers from us and Kiev but the wages Kiev offered were far higher than what we offered and he (his agent) thought it was too much to not consider and then thought that "Well, money is good, but I really rather want to play for Villa so I hope they're still interested."? Would he still be such a mess up then? IMO he would be quite the opposite. But that's if we got to make him an offer or even were interested in the first place. Just wanted to show that there can be different scenarios to this story.

• Like 2

He's not coming here! Get over it.

Tell Graham Bailey of Sky that. It appears it might be back up in the air now. I'm as fed up as you are, but people have the right to discuss it constructively, so let them.

Just to put up a scenario here: What if he got offers from us and Kiev but the wages Kiev offered were far higher than what we offered and he (his agent) thought it was too much to not consider and then thought that "Well, money is good, but I really rather want to play for Villa so I hope they're still interested."? Would he still be such a mess up then? IMO he would be quite the opposite. But that's if we got to make him an offer or even were interested in the first place. Just wanted to show that there can be different scenarios to this story.

There ARE always two sides to every story, for sure. But this guy's been played, or has played, like an old fiddle so badly could we risk the layout for a potential loose cannon?

I don't think we did ever have any interest. There is no way in the world he would have turned Premier League football down for Ukraine.

He went to Kiev over Al Jazeera.

If the reports of his U turn are true he is probably thinking he will stick it out for another year at Montpellier. Might get a better move next year if he is a free transfer.

If it was me I would no way move from French league to Ukraine.

Where is Kenye when you need him ???!!!

Looks like I've found the ideal place for Bannan to play next season, I'll be drafting a letter today offering them my months salary to take Bannan on their books.

For one football team in Wales, it's definitely the taking part that counts more than the winning.

Mainly because a win it would seem, is well out of the question...

The Caerphilly Ladies Team from Wales lost their last game 43-0!

But that wasn't just a bad day for the unlucky bunch, before that they were beat 36-0, before that 28-0 and again before that 26-0.

The team, who are in the Welsh Premier League, have only score one goal in their last ten matches.

When they played Caernarfon Town they managed to get one in the net, but they were still beat 14-1.

Three years ago though the Caerphilly Ladies Team won the Welsh League Cup!

Unfortunately though, those players who helped win the cup back then, all walked out to join a rival team.

I don't believe we ever met the asking price so he never spoke to us or turned us down.

It seems like his only choices were Kiev or the Middle East and he seems to have gotten cold feet on moving to either.

Either that or he's heard a better club may yet make a bid. Either way I can't see us being the team to put up the money required.

• Like 1