Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

Beer Promo

the papers released on the 30 year rule showed that the milk issue  was forced on her by Heath 

just saying like :)

To borrow an old phrase from Thatcher's 'special' friend Ron Reagan; when you're explaining, you're losing!

how about ignorance is bliss  ;)

I don't think Ron Reagan ever said that  :detect:

If the majority had not benefited then Mrs T would not have won crushing election victories throughout the 80's, would she?

That might fly, Jon, if the Tories' landslide victories in '83 and '87 were due to having a majority of the popular vote.

has anyone in living memory

97 was about 42%  , 2001 was about 40% ,2005 about 33 % wasn't it  ?

97 was still seen as a crushing victory though so i think awol is right :)

has anyone in living memory

No and that's probably rather the point (governments in systems such as ours can come to power and remain in power without having to worry about the majority let alone all).

97 was still seen as a crushing victory though so i think awol is right :)

Why? By taking a different result which also doesn't help that argument?  :P

No State funeral by the way.

Near as dammit.

>Downing Street says Lady Thatcher will be accorded the same status of funeral as the Queen Mother and Princess Diana, but will not lie in state, in accordance with her own wishes.

Lady Thatcher's funeral will begin at Westminster at the Chapel of St Mary Undercroft, known as "the crypt". Her coffin will be taken by a hearse to the RAF Chapel, the church of St Clement Danes in the Strand. There her coffin will be transferred to a gun carriage drawn by the King's Troop Royal Artillery.

The coffin will then process down the Strand, through the Aldwych, then along Fleet Street before rising up Ludgate Hill to St Paul's Cathedral. The route will be lined with members of all three armed forces. At St Paul's, there will be Chelsea Pensioners lining the steps.

We should have her funeral held by the lowest bidder, it's what she would have wanted...

• Like 2

What I will say for her was unlike the people in charge today she actually led the country and was a very strong minded person who generally commanded respect from her party. The people in charge today and in opposition scurry around trying to get one over each other with pathetic public schoolboy type jibes and saying things that they think people want to hear.

In every era of government whoever is in charge, just like today, many people will suffer & it generally reflects that if its you or your family then you wont like who is in charge.

To celebrate her death is quite pathetic nor cool or clever as some seem to think/portray. Comparing her to a man who flew aeroplanes into the world trade centre is desperate and even that celebration of death was vulgar. 

Edited by Houlston
  • Like 3

**laughs manically and runs for  cover........

just out of curosity who do you think was better? please tell me your not referring to bliar? he runied so many lives as well

maggie did alot of bad things but she did good as well, and the country was going to collapse if it want for her as hard as it is for us all to believe

• Like 1

the demand for Coal was in decline as was the industry  , indeed weren't the coal mines already earmarked for closure under the Labour govt and tahtcher just carried the policy on   .. I've seen some figures that show  Labour closed down more coal mines than the Tory party  ?

Scargill has to take the lion share of the blame for the Miners plight  ..heck he even won the miners strike but was too dumb to realise and subsequently lost  !!

The demand for coal was in decline? So lets shut an entire industry? We've had to import coal for decades thanks to the witch and the mining communities never recovered

Closing uneconomic or exhausted pits was fine, closing down perfectly good ones was unforgivable, Labour didn't close pits that were perfectly viable. Thatcher wanted to close Tower Colliery No 4, Hirwaun, it was finally reprieved after a long battle, taken over a a workers coop and was only exhausted finally a year or so ago, 30 bloody years later, it wan't the only viable pit that was on her list, it was however the only one to make it off the list. She destroyed a national resource to prove a point, not only that she used the police a her own private army, hell she even used the army to do it

• Like 2

What I will say for her was unlike the people in charge today she actually led the country and was a very strong minded person who generally commanded respect from her party. The people in charge today and in opposition scurry around trying to get one over each other with pathetic public schoolboy type jibes and saying things that they think people want to hear.

In every era of government whoever is in charge, just like today, many people will suffer & it generally reflects that if its you or your family then you wont like who is in charge.

To celebrate her death is quite pathetic nor cool or clever as some seem to think/portray. Comparing her to a man who flew aeroplanes into the world trade centre is desperate and even that celebration of death was vulgar. 

probably the best post we will see in this thread

the demand for Coal was in decline as was the industry  , indeed weren't the coal mines already earmarked for closure under the Labour govt and tahtcher just carried the policy on   .. I've seen some figures that show  Labour closed down more coal mines than the Tory party  ?

Scargill has to take the lion share of the blame for the Miners plight  ..heck he even won the miners strike but was too dumb to realise and subsequently lost  !!

We've had to import coal for decades thanks to the witch

nothing to do with it being typically less expensive to import coal than to mine it in the UK.   :)

Evil Middle Class witch.

Is it a crime to be middle class now?

Ahh the old class reference, stooped in such hypocrisy that the 'working class' will distance themselves from the 'middle class' to 'upper class' but not want to be labelled as 'lower class.' Which in itself represents what turns off said working class from wanting to be labelled as middle or upper class. It really is a completely bullshit social ideology, one of which I couldn't give two **** about which one people want to put me in as it means **** all.

Edited by Houlston

probably the best post we will see in this thread

She counted General Pinochet as a close friend. Pinochet ffs. As expressed earlier Thatcherism is the true beast that needs to die. Kickstarted a **** repellent ideology and had all the compassion for human beings not circulating in her.echelons of a fox encountering some unsuspecting chickens. She can go rot, the execrable bitch.

Probably the best post we will see in this thread. 

Â