Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

It is fitting that Margaret Thatcher's death is soured by the biggest legacy created by her life - division.

It was argued that Margaret Thatcher had a love for Britain. That Margaret Thatcher did not have the same passion for Britain's people is a shame that she took to her own grave.

I hope she was a good family woman. Her political life was a disgrace.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

Much as I didn't like the woman, the press coverage has been more even than I expected - I was expecting a big slush - love in- saying how great she was ...whilst that has been sad - a fair bit of coverage has shown the damage she did has not been forgotten ......

No doubt the mail and express will re dress the balance tommorow 

Much as I didn't like the woman, the press coverage has been more even than I expected - I was expecting a big slush - love in- saying how great she was ...whilst that has been sad - a fair bit of coverage has shown the damage she did has not been forgotten ......

No doubt the mail and express will re dress the balance tommorow

yet to hear someone say it was wrong to sell off privatly owned companys to a corporate machine that run them with a guaranteed profit at the tax payers expense

Growing up in the 80's in the U.S., Thatcher seemed like a female Ronald Reagan- good for the rich, diabolically bad for the middle and working classes. Strange too, because they both came from modest backgrounds.

Another power hungry politician is dead. Another one of my tears not shed.

Growing up in the 80's in the U.S., Thatcher seemed like a female Ronald Reagan- good for the rich, diabolically bad for the middle and working classes.

Except she was good for the middle classes and many of the working class who expressed that by voting for her.  The left has done it's work of historical revisionism exceptionally well.

• Like 2

Margaret Thatcher

Born-Grantham - 13/10/1925

Died-London - 08/04/2013

Sadly missed - Brighton 12/10/1984       

You'd side with the IRA over a Tory?  That says an awful lot about your moral compass.

• Like 2

Growing up in the 80's in the U.S., Thatcher seemed like a female Ronald Reagan- good for the rich, diabolically bad for the middle and working classes.

Except she was good for the middle classes and many of the working class who expressed that by voting for her.  The left has done it's work of historical revisionism exceptionally well.

there's no revisionism, she was clever enough to give to some and take from others

it was a lottery, with the losing tickets often losing everything, but enough winning tickets to keep the whole thing running

don't tell me there's been revisionism, I've walked through communities she closed down and put on the sick

• Like 1

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

You'd side with the IRA over a Tory?  That says an awful lot about your moral compass.

as opposed to siding with Pinochet?

• Like 1

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

I'd have had no problem with them doing away with the evil bitch no. Well only the fact they hadn't done it years earlier. :D

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

Almost certainly the only thing the PIRA ever did which a section of the British public applauded them for  ;)

• Like 1

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

You don't have to side with the IRA. Think of it as a necessary evil.

• Like 1

I could never think about mourning Thatchers Passing. Thats not an option. I made up my mind during my childhood and listening to my parents. The atmosphere the stories created was not brilliant and I've just got the feeling that I don't like Margaret Thatcher at all.

You are Olof Mellberg, and I claim my £5.

Ahhh at last, at least someone spotted it :)

• Like 1

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

as opposed to siding with Pinochet?

Who gave the UK considerable aid during our little dust up with his neighbours. Not a nice man but on the other hand at least she stood by those who had helped her country and didn't feel the need to apologise for it. Real Politik has never been pretty.

• Like 1

Margaret Thatcher

Died-London - 08/04/2013

I'd have had no problem with them doing away with the evil bitch no. Well only the fact they hadn't done it years earlier. :D

You're a charming fella.

Â