Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

I wonder if Dennis T will be happy. He’s probably been enjoying his life at the nineteenth in the afterlife in peace.

As for Dennis Skinner, I am with Drat on this one. Which will probably annoy him ;)  :)  (thats Ian not Dennis).

Anyway something from Tony Benn

Neil Kinnock. When he started in 1970 he wrote to me saying he believed everything I believed. Politicians are divided into signposts and weathercocks. Neil Kinnock gave up everything he believed in to get power and ended up with no one believing him about anything. That makes him a weathercock. Margaret Thatcher was a signpost. The trouble was, I thought her sign pointed in the wrong direction. She was not affected by spin-doctors, she said what she meant and people knew what they were voting for. I see myself as being more of a signpost, like her,’ he says.

and from Armando Iannucci

We now live in a country in which John Major is our greatest living politician.

• Like 1

"This woman is headstrong, obstinate and dangerously self-opinionated."

ICI personnel department assessment, rejecting job application from the then Margaret Roberts in 1948

It's an interesting quote.

It may well say more about ICI in 1948 than Thatch, though. :)

nothing to do with it being typically less expensive to import coal than to mine it in the UK.   :)

I have forgotten the  Economic detail of 'Terms of Trade', 'Comparative Advantage' etc. - it was many years ago since I had to learn it but .. I would be interested to see the figures to back up your assertion/suggestion.

As an adjunct to bickster's post re. Hirwaun in Wales  -  if you went to the Stoke game you may have gone towards Longton and turned left at a Hungry Horse pub towards their ground. That used to be Hem Heath Colliery where my bother in law worked. He reckons they poured 100's of tons of concrete down there on £1000's of equipment and very large reserves of coal in an act of what can only be described as vindictive vandalism.   

I wonder if more  details of The Belgrano affair will emerge now; I am led to believe there is more to that than has been made public.

nothing to do with it being typically less expensive to import coal than to mine it in the UK.   :)

I have forgotten the  Economic detail of 'Terms of Trade', 'Comparative Advantage' etc. - it was many years ago since I had to learn it but .. I would be interested to see the figures to back up your assertion/suggestion.

As an adjunct to bickster's post re. Hirwaun in Wales  -  if you went to the Stoke game you may have gone towards Longton and turned left at a Hungry Horse pub towards their ground. That used to be Hem Heath Colliery where my bother in law worked. He reckons they poured 100's of tons of concrete down there on £1000's of equipment and very large reserves of coal in an act of what can only be described as vindictive vandalism.   

I wonder if more  details of The Belgrano affair will emerge now; I am led to believe there is more to that than has been made public.

I doubt because Thatcher has died they will release secret papers that probably have a 50 year plus embargo.

Hopefully her son 'Sir' Mark follows her through the gates of hell very soon.

disgraceful

Mark Thatcher certainly is.

Indeed, lets have a look at his resume:

Arms dealer

A loan shark

Financed an attempted coup d'etat in Equatorial Guinea.

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's safe to say that I'll be celebrating his death when it happens. He is scum, but what would you expect from the son of Mrs Thatcher?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Sympathy for Carol, wouldn't wish the death of a parent on anyone.

However, **** off Maggie, good ******* riddance you ******* *****.

Reclaim The Streets promised a party when this happened.

Whoop!

An extra bank holiday Would be nice .

So we can all go riot.

Â