Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

Even Labour Prime Ministers welcomed her back to number ten.

The foremost politician of her era,  a dominant politician at a time when that is what this country needed.  Sad news today amy she rest in peace

RIP to one of the greatest PM's ever. Probably the last PM (we'll ever have) who, whether you agreed with her or not, had real beliefs and stood up for them.

• Like 2

She had bigger balls than any PM since Churchill and, like her or loathe her, she was the rarest thing, an honest and committed politician who put the office that she served above all else, particularly herself.

She did a lot right, and some things wrong, but our nation is a much better place for her contribution.

May she rest in peace.

• Like 3

So many likes for this thread - and I will respect BOF's call for certain posts etc

So many of her actions had serious impacts on many lives. A lot of her actions and beliefs caused pain and grief for so many people. Her obvious hatred for certain elements in society was still there and followed by a certain few now. As others have said in various forum's she was 87, she lasted a lot longer than many, but now she has gone. If only the ideology that now carries her name could also go then things may be better.

Some tonight will be raising a beer or two to her passing, I suspect for differing reasons

• Like 1

The celebration that seems to be going on on the back of this news makes me really uneasy.

Yeah I feel the same. Doesn't seem right. But like you I may be too young to really know what she did, and I've never really bothered to research it. 

I'm too young to remember her in office, but I do understand why certain communities/industries hate her.

However without her, most of my immediate and extended family wouldn't own their own homes or enjoy the lifestyles we enjoy today so on that basis alone I can't hate her and certainly won't celebrate her passing - which I find grossly distasteful.

• Like 1

Â