Companies you've boycotted

Pongotastic

Anyone here have any companies whose services/products you refuse to buy through being screwed over?

Halfords and the AA have most recently been added to my list. Been screwed around by both. Both are in the same group, yet Halfords have charged me £50 to re-diagnose a fault which has already been diagnosed by the AA. This quite apart from shocking customer services.

Currys/Dixons - Sold me a printer years ago with no print cartridge. Took me 6 months of going into the store nearly every day until they gave me a 'free' cartridge. ****.

Oh, and Apple, just because they are nasty scumbags.

I've boycotted Amazon. Not through poor service I just don't like their business model.

I changed my bank as well due to their dishonest sales techniques.

You guys are reminding me of more...

Anything that profits Rupert Murdoch: The Times, The Sun, Sky.

The Daily Mail. A force for evil.

Starbucks. Way before the whole tax thing blew up I boycotted them because their coffee is **** awful.

Like 8pints' dad, anyone that sponsors small heath.

• Like 1

My main one is Abbey National/Santander for being words removed of the highest order.

ASDA on the basis I can't stand 90% of the other customers.

• Like 1

SKY I  refuse to use them

This.

I've never had SkySport apart from when it was given free for a weekend occasionally back in the 90's. Didn't watch it then either as I don't give a **** about football if it ain't the Villa.

• Like 1

Apple.

A few others I don't particularly like such as Microsoft and Sky, but not using them would cause me more issues. But I'm getting to the point where I can ditch Sky.

Another for Apple, I won't touch their stuff. I'll think of some others later but on a related note products from Israel get tossed back on the shelf. This generally applies to foodstuff but I'll extend it to where I find it.

Anything that profits Rupert Murdoch: The Times, The Sun, Sky.

Say what you will about the prick (and that's being nice), but he's an extremely shrewd businessman. FOX in the US, for example, runs FOX News of course, but also offers programmes (like Family Guy) that are on the other end of the political spectrum. I'm not sure about how it works in Britain or Australia but I'd wager that he adopts the same strategy in both countries as well.

The Murdoch empire - obvious reasons

Apple - too many years of posey rocket polishers going on about them 

Comet (when it existed) - similar reasons to Anthony. **** useless company, deserved to go under. 

I can't boycott Starbucks, as (unlike Anthony) I love their coffee.

Ford cars !

I inherited my late father's fiesta; it had done 11000 miles in 3 years. Took it to that Ford dealers in Perry Barr on the Aldridge Road for MOT, where he had it from and they gave me a bill for £500.New discs, new ball joints + God knows what else. Wrote to Ford complaining and they basically said "too bad". Got rid of it as soon as possible and had a Clio; no trouble with that ! 

Â