Companies you've boycotted

Pongotastic

I just remembered one. I said I would stop drinking Tetleys' bitter if they stopped brewing it in Leeds. They did, and I did.

do you still drink their tea though ?

Well I'm sure you know it's a different company, but no, I don't. I drink Thompsons/Punjana.

You don't like punjana?

Can't understand why people boycott Apple, my life would be considerably worse without their products.

This is why I hate Apple. Not because of their products but because of this successful brain washed marketing campaign they have pulled off.

Ryanair.  I won't use them, ever.

Because they don't fly to Ronaldsway ;-)

That's the one good thing about them!

"Look mama at the big metal birdy thing that flying in the air"

"Hush up child that is the chariot of the devil. Now hush and get back to making your three legged trousers"

Can't understand why people boycott Apple, my life would be considerably worse without their products.

This is why I hate Apple. Not because of their products but because of this successful brain washed marketing campaign they have pulled off.

Apple have an amazing knack of being able to get their customers/slaves to buy the same product over and over again in a slightly different size.

Apple have an amazing knack of being able to get their customers/slaves to buy the same product over and over again in a slightly different size.

do you still watch TV on a set with a rabbit ear ariel and a dial to tune the channels ?

do you still watch TV on a set with a rabbit ear ariel and a dial to tune the channels ?

He is right though. I'm a neutral in this. I own an iPod and an android phone. But apple do seem able to hawk almost identical products that ain't cheap, at an insatiably loyal market that has an infinite amount of spending money.

Sky

So you only actually see Villa and other football at stadiums, you never watch football on tv or online?

Because your supporting Sky in a round about way if you do.

This is why boycotting his hilarious, because unless you spend hours and hours fully researching your just a hypocrite as the companies your boycotting will have their fingers in pies of companies you don't boycott.

Edited by VillaForever1970

The Apple thing is they made great products, that were desirable and incorporated Fashion. Girls have to have an iPhone, the fact that there are better phones misses the point entirely. The iPhone 5 looks like a piece of jewellery. 

The Apple thing is they made great products, that were desirable and incorporated Fashion. Girls have to have an iPhone, the fact that there are better phones misses the point entirely. The iPhone 5 looks like a piece of jewellery. 

yeah i'm forever seeing girls with them dangling from their ears or wearing them around their neck :)

*you're

This is why I love the Internet :)

I swear I've stopped making that mistake since being done about 47 times on Facebook and VT ....

Grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

• Like 1

But to add to that, Apple was key to make good products, they never released half baked stuff. People got great products that worked. Windows was plagued with bloat and viruses and all this.

The iPad let people do what they wanted simply, get apps from a store and the internet without bloat getting onto your browser. 

All these things tapped into giving people what they wanted, which in turn breeds brand loyalty. 

Sony for my years of growing up was the symbol of quality. You want the best you buy Sony. They could charge more for their products because they were the best.

These days, by no conscious choice of my own I own all Samsung. They just took over what Sony were. I had a netbook that was a total warrior and was retired rather than failed. I had a Sony phone, an Asus tablet both I hated. But all 4 of the Galaxy S phones I've loved, my Samsung laptop I love. All very reliable and very well made. 

Brand loyalty. But I'll dump Samsung if someone else starts making better devices. It's this flexibility that Apple has managed to drive out of it's core consumer base. Many know there are better products at a better price sold by lets say Samsung. But it's that image, that fashion quantity that Samsung can never give them.

That is as good a reason as any to buy a product you don't actually need to survive.

That is as good a reason as any to buy a product you don't actually need to survive.

Not to survive, but a smartphone is probably the most important item to own after the essentials like clothes, food, a roof, heating etc..

Not to survive, but a smartphone is probably the most important item to own after the essentials like clothes, food, a roof, heating etc..

Haha! It's a wonder what we all did 5 years ago! 

Anyway, most people don't need or use most of the stuff on a smart phone so for them getting the one that they think looks nicest is a perfectly valid reason to make a purchace. Why do you think all these companies spend so much on design?

Â