Companies you've boycotted

Pongotastic

only products i boycott as such are French Golden Delicious , Evian and Perrier water

not a product per se but i refused to watch those concerts for Nelson Mandela's birthday as well :)

There are products/brands I don't use.. but its not a boycott, its just down to that fact I think they are a bit shit. Like Carling beer. 

Starbucks. Way before the whole tax thing blew up I boycotted them because their coffee is **** awful.

Surely it's only a boycott if you do like their coffee, but are abstaining for other reasons?

The only company I really boycott is EA, for being rocket polishers to their employees and customers alike, there's a few games I'd quite like to buy, but I feel dirty just thinking about giving them cash. My £40 is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things I know, but it's the only real way I have of telling them to go **** themselves.

A surprising number of people mentioning Sky, people at work look at me like I'm an alien because I don't have Sky (or Virgin, or a TV at all for that matter). It seems to be more common than I'd thought. Mind you, I just think it's a rip off, rather than having a reason to boycott.

Edited by Davkaus

Starbucks. Way before the whole tax thing blew up I boycotted them because their coffee is **** awful.

Surely it's only a boycott if you do like their coffee, but are abstaining for other reasons?

I guess it's a bit more than that. Kind of the Budweiser syndrome; Great branding, very customer focussed, excellent distribution/availability. All in all a very slick customer experience. With a **** godawful product. I guess I have to give the credit for having the balls to try to raise the bar of coffee in this country, as they used to be so much better than the shite that was on offer before. Things have moved on and they haven't. It's almost like now that they have got their branding and positioning they can serve up any kind of crap and people will suck it up

Just thought of another one: Creative. They make computer sound cards amongst other things. They own the EMU synthesizer brand too.  Anyway they released 'driver updates' for their soundcards that made them sound a bit crappy so that people would upgrade... **** em. Asus Xonar now for me.

VW - was happy to be a customer for life but they got greedy and tried to have me over, I very politely warned them I was potentially buying a new Golf once every three years for the rest of my life, they called my bluff. Never bought one since.

lovely little independent sandwich shop closest to my office once tried to do me out of change from a tenner. Again, warned them that it wasn't worth arguing with me as i was a customer every single day. Owner of the shop wasn't having it. So for 5 years I went the extra 20 metres to Greggs, and waved at him as I passed his shitty little fly filled kiosk.

Murdoch, Nestle, Shell, Esso, McDonalds.

It's still my intention to close my accounts with HSBC and Barclays.

Amazon's music prices have shot up since the demise of the high street stores, so I'm phasing out my business with them too, the words removed.

I have a long list - not just ones I don't like such as the Daily Mail - that's not a boycott, because I loathe it.

Companies whose products I might want, but won't buy are all banks with shareholders, all major electricity/power companies, Small Heath sponsors, the Times (wouldn't want to ever read the other murdoch papers). McDonalds, Tesco, a local garage that pissed me off about 20 years ago, budget airlines (BMI in particular) anyone sponsoring Man U or Chelsea, I'm weaning myself off Amazon...there's loads. Oh and Google.

trying to boycott everything murdoch is pretty tough. newscorp own **** national geographic :rant: but the sun sky and the times are useful starts.

tabloids in general for crimes against journalism.

I read an article recently which is adding to my dislike of amazon and guilt that I use them :( the hike up for traders is obscene and only read about them using tax loophole in luxembourg to avoid paying vat in britain, so I aim not to use them - but that's **** tough the words removed are buying up everything. Apparently buying good reads now too. 

primark

nike

and others, try to minimise if can't entirely avoid every company that's a shit, cause well most of the big ones are :/

EDIT : re reading i may be mis using the word boycott to include shit I don't like. 

Will refuse to buy either of the nextgen xbox or ps3 consoles if they insist one must be online to play them and are refusing to allow old games to be played on them. I'm not a heavy user  of consoles though so it's not a major rejection per se. 

Edited by Rodders

I refuse to use National Express or Ryanair, both appalling companies. I try to avoid Sky and would certainly never pay for it, but will occasionally watch it, a Villa game in a pub for example.

I really want to entirely boycott the Premier League and Champions League but am not quite managing it yet, although I do pay both less and less attention each year. 

Â