Companies you've boycotted

Pongotastic

virgin.

i kept getting cold calls on my land line even though i'd got a private number which i paid a little bit more for.ppi crap and claim for injury billhooks.kept calling customer services but got no joy,useless.went to bt and had no problems.

The Sun

The Daily Mail

Fox

Topman

Primark

TK Maxx

House of Fraser

Microsoft (although obviously that's quite difficult to enforce)

Apple (newcomer to the list after a tiny dent on a weirdly vulnerable part of my phone just by the sim card (which you'd expect to be somewhat reinforced) totally bricked it)

Carrefour

Cross Country Trains

Thomas Cook

Sony

Three

T-Mobile and anything even vaguely affiliated thereto

Why you no like us  :(

The sheer size of that list tells me he's just an angry man :P And the fact it doesn't contain Nestlé suggests he doesn't do his research :o

I'm just hoping it's nothing I've done!!

Not that I do much if I can possibly help it 

Oh it definitely wasn't you sir! It was a woman in the customer services team. I was trying to get from Crewe to Cholsey and for whatever reason the machine that you use to pick up your tickets was saying I hadn't bought any tickets with that card. So I rang up customer services and after about 30 mins on hold (by which time I'd missed my train), I got through to someone who just couldn't speak any English. So I asked to be transferred to someone else, I was and I requested that they please sort out a new ticket to Cholsey (I am a polite chap and never get angry at customer service staff, for the record, having worked in retail and pubs throughout my yoof and knowing what it's like to have a self-entitled numpty scream at you for things that aren't your fault). I was told that this was not possible as my card wouldn't pick up the tickets so it can't have been booked with them or it was the wrong card. I said that that can't be the case (I have 1 card!) and gave her my booking reference. She then said it must have been some sort of machine error. Fine. Shit happens. Next she said she'd sorted out my ticket, thanks, bye, went to pick it up and it was a ticket to Chorley (now I know that Cholsey sounds VERY similar to Chorley, but at this point she had my booking reference so really shouldn't have got that wrong). Pretty miffed at this point, I rang up again, on hold for another 30-45 minutes, put through to another person who couldn't speak English (not getting all UKIP here but I mean we genuinely had a total communication breakdown) and wouldn't accept that it was Cross Country's problem. Missed another train and at this point I was getting quite furious. Ended up just being "that guy", asked to speak to a manager and eventually I had to buy a new ticket on a promise it would be reimbursed.

So I finally got to Cholsey and a few days later submitted my claim and I did eventually get a refund (although that took a long time to process).

Now I don't doubt for one second that Cross Country have some very happy customers and excellent employees dealing day in day out with difficult members of the public and I'm sure I just got unlucky, but it was such a bad experience I will never book through them again.

Not all of it is pure anger BOF ;). Carrefour for example is there because I live near a Carrefour but I've cut into their veg several times and found it to be mouldy (even ginger, who the hell sells mouldy ginger???).

virgin.

i kept getting cold calls on my land line even though i'd got a private number which i paid a little bit more for.ppi crap and claim for injury billhooks.kept calling customer services but got no joy,useless.went to bt and had no problems.

if you are on an opted out of cold calls list list then you are entitled to compensation  ... just wait for a call 

• Like 1

The Sun

The Daily Mail

Fox

Topman

Primark

TK Maxx

House of Fraser

Microsoft (although obviously that's quite difficult to enforce)

Apple (newcomer to the list after a tiny dent on a weirdly vulnerable part of my phone just by the sim card (which you'd expect to be somewhat reinforced) totally bricked it)

Carrefour

Cross Country Trains

Thomas Cook

Sony

Three

T-Mobile and anything even vaguely affiliated thereto

Why you no like us  :(

The sheer size of that list tells me he's just an angry man :P And the fact it doesn't contain Nestlé suggests he doesn't do his research :o

I'm just hoping it's nothing I've done!!

Not that I do much if I can possibly help it 

Oh it definitely wasn't you sir! It was a woman in the customer services team. I was trying to get from Crewe to Cholsey and for whatever reason the machine that you use to pick up your tickets was saying I hadn't bought any tickets with that card. So I rang up customer services and after about 30 mins on hold (by which time I'd missed my train), I got through to someone who just couldn't speak any English. So I asked to be transferred to someone else, I was and I requested that they please sort out a new ticket to Cholsey (I am a polite chap and never get angry at customer service staff, for the record, having worked in retail and pubs throughout my yoof and knowing what it's like to have a self-entitled numpty scream at you for things that aren't your fault). I was told that this was not possible as my card wouldn't pick up the tickets so it can't have been booked with them or it was the wrong card. I said that that can't be the case (I have 1 card!) and gave her my booking reference. She then said it must have been some sort of machine error. Fine. Shit happens. Next she said she'd sorted out my ticket, thanks, bye, went to pick it up and it was a ticket to Chorley (now I know that Cholsey sounds VERY similar to Chorley, but at this point she had my booking reference so really shouldn't have got that wrong). Pretty miffed at this point, I rang up again, on hold for another 30-45 minutes, put through to another person who couldn't speak English (not getting all UKIP here but I mean we genuinely had a total communication breakdown) and wouldn't accept that it was Cross Country's problem. Missed another train and at this point I was getting quite furious. Ended up just being "that guy", asked to speak to a manager and eventually I had to buy a new ticket on a promise it would be reimbursed.

So I finally got to Cholsey and a few days later submitted my claim and I did eventually get a refund (although that took a long time to process).

Now I don't doubt for one second that Cross Country have some very happy customers and excellent employees dealing day in day out with difficult members of the public and I'm sure I just got unlucky, but it was such a bad experience I will never book through them again.

Not all of it is pure anger BOF ;). Carrefour for example is there because I live near a Carrefour but I've cut into their veg several times and found it to be mouldy (even ginger, who the hell sells mouldy ginger???).

Thats fair enough. My step son works in XC customer services I will ask him to slap any foreign sounding women round the face with a wet fish on your behalf.

Just promise me you won't use The Trainline to buy any tickets. They really are a bunch of word removeds 

Back on topic, I won't be using ao.com again after their egregious attempt at disguising their extended warranty insurance as part of their standard sale and attempt to take bank details under the pretence of it being as part of the normal goods payment. They're notorious for it apparently but everyone just seems to accept it.

Just promise me you won't use The Trainline to buy any tickets. They really are a bunch of word removeds

Who should we use to get tickets then? I tried a couple of different ones and it always rerouted to trainline

Yep I know I've messed up quoting

virgin.

I get at least one piece of junk mail from them a week. At least.

I don't get junk mail as I opted out

I registered the cat once for fantasy football and she still gets the occasional bit of junk mail ... even got offered a credit card when she turned 18 :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

Still subway.

Asos too after messing up successive Christmas gifts for daughter. Outside of that I am pretty much open to anyone. I would like to boycott Cross Country TrinityroadSteps as your train staff really can be clearings in the woods, but I dont as I need them for that 16.49 wolves to Stafford train.

Â