Sunderland

Richard

Think that gesture of walking over to the fans has probably been the nail in the coffin really, he did ot a lot at Swindon but, it was league 2 Swindon, doing it in the spotlight of the prem, the bloke was simply a mentalist

Off the Sunderland forum

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM 10m
Sunderland sack Paolo Di Canio after a furious training ground bust-up with his players today. More on MailOnline and Daily Mail

Certain seemingly ITK's on the forum are saying he was going to be given some more time but this latest incident was so severe they acted now

Edited by villaguy

Sorry to see mad Paolo go so early. He brought a level of craziness and volatility to the premier league rarely seen before. It will be much quieter and more boring now.

Also, if he'd hung around until Christmas, he'd most likely have nailed Sunderland on to one of the relegation places.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Think that gesture of walking over to the fans has probably been the nail in the coffin really, he did ot a lot at Swindon but, it was league 2 Swindon, doing it in the spotlight of the prem, the bloke was simply a mentalist

I don't like Di Canio but I admire how he didn't go and hide after a shocking defeat like that.

Talk of OGS on the Sunderland forum. I'll be amazed if McLeish gets it.

sadly, a very smart move. Should never have been hired in the first place. Relegation spots just lost an automatic pick though

He did keep them up last season so ultimately fulfilled his short-term purpose. Probably the right decision sacking him this early though. Clearly too much of a risk keeping him now his initial impact has worn off (thanks to us). Edited by Isa

I think most of the discontent is resolved by the jumped up little fascist getting the boot. They have an ok team there. Not great, but better than the likes of Palace. A half-decent manager should get a comfortable mid-table finish from them.

However, I'd give anything to see McLeish get the job. That'd make my decade.

On another note, why do sunderland have a 'head coach' rather than a manager?

I don't like Di Canio but I admire how he didn't go and hide after a shocking defeat like that.

Talk of OGS on the Sunderland forum. I'll be amazed if McLeish gets it.

See, I think if he went over to the fans and clapped them, just applauded there support every game would have been good, to skulk over to them then stand with your hand on your hips was just taking the piss, and when you look at the palace game "its all my fault, blame me" said Paolo followed by "its not my fault if John O'Shea is a shit defender".

You take the rough with the smooth really, sliding on his knees v Newcastle in his first game is all well and good, ultimately he shot his bolt before he got his cock out.

Good riddance to the gobshite.

• Like 4

SebastienELLISbexter said: 

Doesn't bode well for the future if true.

All he asked for was a more professional mindset and they couldn't deliver. We are ****.

He treat them like kids, showed them no respect, hung them out to dry when they made a mistake. His management skills are non existence. The bloke is a **** crackerjack gob shite and we are well rid of the ****

McLeish is 17-1 & McLaren is 21-1

No odds on Pullis though. Just had £5 on the above. 

Good odds considering McLeish was at their game the other day... doing his homework?

Edited by PieFacE

Melt down for them now, talks of Steve McLaren and Pulis, RDM apparently not sure he wants the post.

Di matteo is in a situation where he doesn't need to take a job like thus, he won the champions league and FA cup before being unfairly sacked.

McLaren, just the job for him really, even if I didn't want him st villa

Pulis would be another short term fix

Â