Nuclear War (next week?)

ender4

yea but they don't have any guns durr :lol:

being attacked with a load of rakes and forks isn't much to an L85a2 assault rifle :D

Very true, most of their weaponry is old and from the soviet era I believe. But still, a lot of pissed of people will be coming at ya! Think it would be best for everyone to remain friends. :) ?

the stuff they paraded about at the military parade is all old soviet era stuff  .... the good stuff is kept hidden away 

some of the rocket launchers they paraded about quite clearly were older than me , some it's doubtful would even fly , but it also turned out they had some hardware that caught the experts unaware  ... One rocket launcher had been sold by the Chinese to Cambodia and yet there it was in NK

if anyone is interested in NK hardware then I have some photo's from last Aprils Military parade here  ....

Wow, they were pretty fascinating.. 

Did you have to go on a state sanctioned tour?

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I thought it was an interesting twist on geography and AA routeplanner that Call Me Dave Camoron said today that NK has missiles that can reach America and therefore they have missiles that can reach us.

• Like 1

being attacked with a load of rakes and forks isn't much to an L85a2 assault rifle :D

Very true, most of their weaponry is old and from the soviet era I believe. But still, a lot of pissed of people will be coming at ya! Think it would be best for everyone to remain friends. :) ?
the stuff they paraded about at the military parade is all old soviet era stuff .... the good stuff is kept hidden away

some of the rocket launchers they paraded about quite clearly were older than me , some it's doubtful would even fly , but it also turned out they had some hardware that caught the experts unaware ... One rocket launcher had been sold by the Chinese to Cambodia and yet there it was in NK

if anyone is interested in NK hardware then I have some photo's from last Aprils Military parade here ....

I can't see the pics :( saying might have expired or something. I forgot you said you had been! Think you mentioned it in the travel experiences thread. What did you see/do etc? How did you get to go over there?

try this instead ...

the stuff they paraded about at the military parade is all old soviet era stuff .... the good stuff is kept hidden away

some of the rocket launchers they paraded about quite clearly were older than me , some it's doubtful would even fly , but it also turned out they had some hardware that caught the experts unaware ... One rocket launcher had been sold by the Chinese to Cambodia and yet there it was in NK

if anyone is interested in NK hardware then I have some photo's from last Aprils Military parade here ....

I can't see the pics :( saying might have expired or something. I forgot you said you had been! Think you mentioned it in the travel experiences thread. What did you see/do etc? How did you get to go over there?
try this instead ...
Really great photos there. That must be one of your top trips as the likelyhood of going again must be pretty slim? What was the accom like where you stayed? Edited by Tayls

try this instead ...
Really great photos there. That must be one of your top trips as the likelyhood of going again must be pretty slim? What was the accom like where you stayed?

Like a 3 star hotel you'd get in the old Eastern bloc days ... They don't get a lot of tourists and with the influx of tourists for the 100th Anniversay some of the guests didn't get a mattress on their bed apparently

But the new shard like building which is a hotel that just opened has a lot more luxury , even Internet access complete with Facebook!!

I loved every second of it and a part of me wants to go back but nothing would match the magic of that first trip and I'd be worried it would some how taint the memory of the first trip ( if that makes sense)

It's easy to get there , you just go through a travel agency no stare sponsorship etc required ... Some agencies are better than others though ... Ours got us access to the military parade , the Germans I met in the bar that night were refused permission and were sick when they found out we had been :)

I thought it was an interesting twist on geography and AA routeplanner that Call Me Dave Camoron said today that NK has missiles that can reach America and therefore they have missiles that can reach us.

Mmmmm, remind you of anyone...............?

mqdefault.jpg

There are very strong strategic arguments for keeping the nuclear deterrent but Cameron appears to be keeping up the recent Prime Ministerial tradition of talking rubbish about WMD's. Whether that is by design or a reflection of his general ignorance I don't know, neither alternative is reassuring.

Mmmmm, remind you of anyone...............?

mqdefault.jpg

Why did you make me look at this prat?

He definatley has weapons of mass destruction. He definatley has direct links to Al-Qaeda.

Oh, he doesn't. Oh, he doesn't. Thanks for the oil contracts, make me the ambassador for peace for this region.

• Like 1

What I find confusing is 2 things

firstly, if you're N Korea and you have a bit of a wendy on with that America, and so you've decided you're going to like "get them" then surely you'd just do it - you wouldn't act like a drunk outside a pub, yelling and windmilling punches at fresh air and shouting the odds to everyone?

And secondly, Cameron said " This shows why we need nukes, because of North korea" - er, no, mate, it doesn't. Because, well, the thing is if having nukes was a deterrent, then N. Korea wouldn't be picking on the Country with more nukes than anyone else, would they? - they'd be having a dig at Switzerland, or Albania. Unless, of course Cameron wants the drunk outside the pub to have a go at him, so he can show how hard and tooled up he is, just like his mate America.

The whole thing is comedy gold.

Ive liked but this deserves more.

Superb analysis Blandy.

Thank God CI isn't president. We'd all be Geography

fixed for you if CI really was president ;-)

Just as long as we aren't all P.E. or double maths.

Â