Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Why the **** isn't Sylla playing....? a bit of physical presence in the center of the park with Delph but tbh he will get sent off for kicking Milner about again.....  We buy a CDM who is a big strong player..... then don't use him -_- Jesus christ....

Flip side

COME ON VILLA!!!!!

OptaJoe@OptaJoe

6 - Without Christian Benteke's goals this season Villa would be six points adrift at the bottom of the PL table & 10 from safety. Vital.

Scary stat

If only Lambert had got our defensive signings right we could all be breathing easily right now

Why the **** isn't Sylla playing....? a bit of physical presence in the center of the park with Delph but tbh he will get sent off for kicking Milner about again.....  We buy a CDM who is a big strong player..... then don't use him -_- Jesus christ....

Flip side

COME ON VILLA!!!!!

There is no proof whatsoever that Sylla is in fact any good. He might be strong and aggressive, but his talent is totally unproven and he came from French level 2 after all. From reports when we got him, he is hardly the one that goes straight into the side like Sissoko did at Newcastle. I'd rather play someone with ability rather than a guy who needs time to settle in, which is likely given his age and the huuuuuge gap between his present and former league.

MAN CITY: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Nastasic, K Toure, Rodwell, Y Toure, Garcia, Silva, Milner, Tevez. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Kolarov, Nasri, Sinclair, Barry, Dzeko.

ahahahahah. we're ****.

Flip side

COME ON VILLA!!!!!

There is no proof whatsoever that Sylla is in fact any good. He might be strong and aggressive, but his talent is totally unproven and he came from French level 2 after all. From reports when we got him, he is hardly the one that goes straight into the side like Sissoko did at Newcastle. I'd rather play someone with ability rather than a guy who needs time to settle in, which is likely given his age and the huuuuuge gap between his present and former league.

Indeed he may not be that good.... but he could at least get some gametime on the pitch..... then we will find out.... I know we are not in the position to do so but then why get him?

OptaJoe‏@OptaJoe

6 - Without Christian Benteke's goals this season Villa would be six points adrift at the bottom of the PL table & 10 from safety. Vital.

Scary stat

If only Lambert had got our defensive signings right we could all be breathing easily right now

Scary, and pretty useless statistic though. What about Man Utd without Van Persie? What about Liverpool without Suarez and Sunderland without Fletcher? Teams always have one or two players that contribute lots more than the others - and they are the ones being fed to score the goals after all. Same with Bale at Spurs, even though he has "only" been involved in 16 or so goals for them this season. Benteke plays every match and is the only striker that does not get subbed or rested, thus he should score most of our goals. What this stat does not include is that someone else would have played instead of him and would have taken over the burden, a player like Darren Bent. Benteke has roughly 2000 minutes on the pitch and 11 goals to his name, Darren Bent has only played 692 minutes. If he had played 2000 he would have had a lot more goals, like he has always gotten in his career. Benteke is vital, of course, but that is how the game is played after all.

Flip side

COME ON VILLA!!!!!

Indeed he may not be that good.... but he could at least get some gametime on the pitch..... then we will find out.... I know we are not in the position to do so but then why get him?

If we were 12th and comfortable I would agree with you, we would have been safe and sound, so a few chances could have been taken with such players. But now is probably the time to do what we know works, even though the term "works" is a contradiction sadly. We set out the play with the least probability of screwing up, something like that :) Sylla, one for the future perhaps, but I highly doubt he is going to make an impact this season.