Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Because every game from now on is a 'must win'. Just because there's no expectancy for us to win it doesn't take away how desperate for points we are. Add to that we have lost to our relegation rivals at VP this year (Newcastle, Saints, Wigan) only heightens the need to get points against any opposition.

• Like 1

I think we'll win actually which is rather ironic considering as it will more than likely be the end of their title chase and that man use man citeh as one of the reasons why we no longer afford to compete!

Because every game from now on is a 'must win'. Just because there's no expectancy for us to win it doesn't take away how desperate for points we are. Add to that we have lost to our relegation rivals at VP this year (Newcastle, Saints, Wigan) only heightens the need to get points against any opposition.

So we need to win every game? Haha OK then, we are definitely going down.

We are desperate for points, but a draw would be a very welcome point here.

I'm confident we will get atleast a throw in in the half in this.

Best chance of getting anything from this is to pack out the midfield and stop them playing. If that means 90 minutes of lumpin the ball up to benteke so be it. Hopefully vlaar will be back for this

Guzan

Lowton vlaar baker bennett

Gabby westwood Holman sylla delph

Benteke

Mayby get a point out of this, southampton did them over by pressing the ball. We need to do the same.

My point is that if we disregard this game because its unlikely we'll win then that'll just heap miles more pressure on the games that we stand a chance of winning and we've seen how well we deal with pressure (West Ham aside). Each and every game should be considered a 'must-win' or a 'cup final' as with the intent that comes with those games will give us a better chance of surviving. We cannot just rely on beating Reading, Fulham, QPR etc - as there's no guarantee that we will...and if that's the case then we'll need points elsewhere.

My point is that if we disregard this game because its unlikely we'll win then that'll just heap miles more pressure on the games that we stand a chance of winning and we've seen how well we deal with pressure (West Ham aside). Each and every game should be considered a 'must-win' or a 'cup final' as with the intent that comes with those games will give us a better chance of surviving. We cannot just rely on beating Reading, Fulham, QPR etc - as there's no guarantee that we will...and if that's the case then we'll need points elsewhere.

I agree with the notion that we are going to need to upset the odds in one or two games between now and the end of the season to stay up, whether that's with surprise draws against say City and Chelsea. Or a surprise 3 points again against Liverpool. Somewhere along the line we'll have to pick up what some would describe as 'bonus points', the ones we were not expecting.

No chance at all, I bet city will get an early goal like arsenal did, maybe get 2 in the first half. City are on full focus to climb in the first and get so many wins as possible, there is no way this will be an easy game. If they manage to grab a win out of this one then I will support Lambert.

I know we managed to beat them in the cup 4-2 which was our best result this season, but I don`t see it. Would love to be proved wrong on that one.