The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It does not look cast iron does it? But any sort of news/rumour of money coming into the club or Randy getting the money he wants to make the sale he wants to make is welcome at the moment. Now show us the money Fruity King.... :D  

It is absolute garbage, and I don't see the point in linking to that site any further - as has already been pointed out in this thread, they have made identikit claims about three other football teams this season, each time following the same template. It's viral advertising, and posts like DCJonah's 'what is . . . . . .  . . . .?' above are exactly how they are monetising this. It's a stupid internet-era scam, of a piece with whatever that nonsense was about Emma Watson's nude pictures. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, or we could have turned out like a host of other clubs who actually improved when a new manager came in.

Not that I'd trust Randy to appoint anyone better, I suppose. We're not a very attractive proposition at the moment. I think the best we could hope for is a young continental manager who wants Premier League football and no doubt a big pay rise, which is exactly the kind of manager I'd love to see at the Villa. Yes, it's a risk, but so is sticking with Lambert in my opinion.

You generally know the standard of football and the tactics with Lambert and we could easily have gone down these last few seasons but for a bit of luck and some teams being even worse than us. I think we can only ride our luck so long with the Lerner and Lambert combination. I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve praise for keeping us up under some the harsh conditions he's had to work in, but it's not good enough for me. He's made too many mistakes and stupid decisions.

I'd prefer us to take a bit of a gamble on a Pochettino type, not that they're necessarily easy to find of course.

Edited by Ginko

Yup, or we could have turned out like a host of other clubs who actually improved when a new manager came in.

Not that I'd trust Randy to appoint anyone better, I suppose. We're not a very attractive proposition at the moment. I think the best we could hope for is a young continental manager who wants Premier League football and no doubt a big pay rise, which is exactly the kind of manager I'd love to see at the Villa. Yes, it's a risk, but so is sticking with Lambert in my opinion.

You generally know the standard of football and the tactics with Lambert and we could easily have gone down these last few seasons but for a bit of luck and some teams being even worse than us. I think we can only ride our luck so long with the Lerner and Lambert combination. I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve praise for keeping us up under some the harsh conditions he's had to work in, but it's not good enough for me. He's made too many mistakes and stupid decisions.

I'd prefer us to take a bit of a gamble on a Pochettino type, not that they're necessarily easy to find of course.

Or we could have improved by keeping our manager in place and saving ourselves more costs, more compensation, more upheavel and more rebuilding.

Oh wait, we did.

Or we could have improved by keeping our manager in place and saving ourselves more costs, more compensation, more upheavel and more rebuilding.

Oh wait, we did.

Confused.

And just seen this screenshot from Isa on twitter:

2s6mqfl.jpg

This was blatantly obvious as soon as Lambert's new contract was announced, so could be an educated guess.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Jonny Gould@jonnygould

Currently looking into an #avfc takeover linked to a group from Azerbaijan/Black Sea.I do wonder if these stories are just an excuse not to spend.

An oil billionaire would be handy. Jonny Gould looks like a reasonable source. Most likely bollocks anyway.

Interestingly, the Azerbaijan President was elected with 85% of the vote, the results of which were accidentally released before the election.

Jonny Gould@jonnygould

Currently looking into an #avfc takeover linked to a group from Azerbaijan/Black Sea.I do wonder if these stories are just an excuse not to spend.

An oil billionaire would be handy. Jonny Gould looks like a reasonable source. Most likely bollocks anyway.

Interestingly, the Azerbaijan President was elected with 85% of the vote, the results of which were accidentally released before the election.

I'd take an oil billionaire now, just to be rid of Lerner and Lambert.

Pat Murphy...ugh, that guy is an.....actually not even worth it.

Yeah, I know he is a bit of a tart, I just felt it was worth posting it here.

Is it Azerbaijan, or something related to, who sponsor Atletico Madrid?

How long until twitter breaks news that we are getting Simeone as manager?!!

There is a guy who invested a bit in them who owns Lens in France and tried to buy Sheffield Wednesday this year. Sounds like he didn't have the money. The guy we want is Vagit Alekperov, worth $13bn.

Yes, I've been googling Azeri billionaires.

• Like 1

Oh wait, we did.

Confused.

Yep, same here. I'd hardly call being five points off the relegation places at Christmas an improvement.

Obviously didn't read the rest of my post either. I wasn't necessarily pro getting rid of Lambert at this time, just playing devil's advocate.

Edited by Ginko

• 2 weeks later...
Â