The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Agree with everything said above. A holding statement in which he is not denying the rumours and further muddying the waters by saying they will be addressed in the summer. 2 statements in a week from Lerner, he is turning into Dave Whelan. Can't keep him away at present. It's basically saying ' I am backing Lambert even though we have been shit because key players have been injured and he is happy to work with no money'. So either a outright sale or maybe further investment?

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014-04-20/villa-owner-randy-lerner-rules-out-sale-rumours/

The owner & chairman of Aston Villa, tycoon Randy Lerner, has issued a statement ruling out an immediate sale of the football club.

It's after speculation the American is planning to sell the club after recent poor form, with Paul Lambert's side just five points outside the relegation zone.

eh?? how exactly has he ruled it out? are they reading the same article as us?

The biggest mistake Lerner IMO made was not hiring Mark Hughes instead of TSM. He's done a good job in Stoke and gotten them to play more attractive football than we play. He's not certainly one of the best managers around but he's better than TSM or Lambert.

BJ regardless of whether it was going to plan or not (3 top 6 finishes in the previous 3 seasons was acceptable to me), A manager walking 5 days before the season started completely messed up our season before a ball was kicked. We still finished that season 9th

The biggest mistake Lerner IMO made was not hiring Mark Hughes instead of TSM. He's done a good job in Stoke and gotten them to play more attractive football than we play. He's not certainly one of the best managers around but he's better than TSM or Lambert.

Yeah Hughesy did a really good job at QPR didn't he? I wouldn't want that moaning greyheaded old fart in my club for love nor money.

Yeah Hughesy did a really good job at QPR didn't he? I wouldn't want that moaning greyheaded old fart in my club for love nor money.

True that he didn't do good job in QPR but show me the manager who's done well in all clubs he's managed, I can think of just couple examples of managers who's succeeded in every club they've been at. Mark Hughes isn't one of the best managers around but certainly better than TSM or Lambo.

Sounds like something is up and he will sell at the end of the season.

He gave it a go for the first few seasons but sadly it went wrong after he tightened the reigns on MON. Some poor managerial decision that followed sadly put a negative slant on his tenure.

I personally thank him for trying, but now it's time to move on along with the two Pauls'.

• Like 1

Sounds like something is up and he will sell at the end of the season.

He gave it a go for the first few seasons but sadly it went wrong after he tightened the reigns on MON. Some poor managerial decision that followed sadly put a negative slant on his tenure.

I personally thank him for trying, but now it's time to move on along with the two Pauls'.

Yep, I actually trust him somewhat too, as in I don't think he would be selling to the first person to come along. As I said previously, I think he has the interests of the club at heart to a degree, although obviously he'll want to recoup as much as he can. I could be wrong of course.

I would like to say that I hope I'm not alone when I think Lerner deserves thanking for his efforts at least. I don't think he has ever had bad intentions for us and he has invested a great deal of money into the club, it just hasn't worked and eventually it seems he has lost interest.

If we do get sold I'll be glad that he has kept his word about selling up and letting somebody else give it a try if he didn't succeed.

Wow.

Think about the last 4 years, the hiring of McLeish, the severe cost cutting and the gambling of this clubs future with lack of investment in the last 3 January transfer windows.

And all so a very wealthy man could cut his losses. And you're going to praise that?

You ha e to question if Lerner really knew what he was getting himself into when he bought us.

I blame Ellis, he said he'd sell us to someone with villa as their best interest. He tried to take glory for selling to lerner when all was rosey under Mon.

I think Ellis, at the time, sold to the right person. We weren't complaining in the first couple of seasons was we? I don't think the alternative consortiums looking to buy us at the time looked more appealing? 

We're stucked with Americans, so called "soccer" fans. Don't know how to feel about that.

What does nationality have to do with anything?

Edited by StefanAVFC

The Larry Ellison rumours are starting all over twitter again!!

I hope it is him!! worth $49billion

We can dream!

Think about the last 4 years, the hiring of McLeish, the severe cost cutting and the gambling of this clubs future with lack of investment in the last 3 January transfer windows.

And all so a very wealthy man could cut his losses. And you're going to praise that?

In your opinion it's all so a very wealthy man could cut his losses - you could equally argue it's so that a wealthy man could save a football club. I don't think either would be true.

Â