The Randy Lerner thread

CI

TBAR source is the best ITK of all time.

were going to get taken over by the richest man in the world and then we get relegated. just our luck. We are seriously cursed if that happens.

I don't have a clue about American sports. Are there any prominent pairs of billionaires involved in NFL etc? (not Hicks and Gillet!)

From ProFootballTalk -- Notes are my own. 

Seahawks owner Paul Allen - $15 billion

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, at $5.0 billion.  (Coupled with wife Ann Walton Kroenke’s $4.5 billion, that’s a $9.5 billion power couple.) -- ARSENAL

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross $4.4 Billion 

Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer $4.4 billion -- MAN UNITED

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, at $2.9 billion.  -- FULHAM

Giants co-owner Joan Tisch also has a net worth of $2.9 billion.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is worth $2.7 billion

Patriots owner Robert Kraft ($2.3 billion) 

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam III ($1.8 billion) - currently under investigation for fraud

Texans owner Bob McNair ($1.8 billion)

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti ($1.8 billion)

Falcons owner Arthur Blank ($1.6 billion)

Colts owner Jim Irsay ($1.5 billion) -- currently in rehab

Titans owner Bud Adams ($1.2 billion)

Saints owner Tom Benson ($1.2 billion)

49ers co-owner Denise York ($1.1 billion)

Redskins owner Dan Snyder ($1.0 billion) -- please no.

Chargers owner Alex Spanos ($1.0 billion).

Go ahead and start guessing.

Edited by PBVogel
  • Like 2

This was posted on another forum (under the name MM) a few hours before the Telegraph article. It mentions backers from the US rather than a single buyer.

Takeover has now reached an advanced stage. Aston Villa will be rebranded from top to bottom come the summer ..... in a good way not a red bull way.

Backers are from US, cannot name for legal reasons. My dad is a Senior Global Purchaser for a London based financier. 

I am a Tottenham fan and with the backing you will receive you could have bought Bale from us!!!

I am not sure exactly of the supposed worth of the potential buyer. My Dad literally said if FFP was not in place you could have brought your way to the top within 3 seasons. The backers have been in the UK and according to my Dad have already attended a game with a member of villa staff called Nicky?

Sorry I dont know more, will write on here possibly later.

Interesting.

• Like 1

I don't have a clue about American sports. Are there any prominent pairs of billionaires involved in NFL etc? (not Hicks and Gillet!)

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, at $5.0 billion.  (Coupled with wife Ann Walton Kroenke’s $4.5 billion, that’s a $9.5 billion power couple.)

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam III ($1.8 billion) - currently under investigation for fraud

Kroenke is part of arsenal isnt he?

This was posted on another forum (under the name MM) a few hours before the Telegraph article. It mentions backers from the US rather than a single buyer.

Takeover has now reached an advanced stage. Aston Villa will be rebranded from top to bottom come the summer ..... in a good way not a red bull way.

Backers are from US, cannot name for legal reasons. My dad is a Senior Global Purchaser for a London based financier.

I am a Tottenham fan and with the backing you will receive you could have bought Bale from us!!!

I am not sure exactly of the supposed worth of the potential buyer. My Dad literally said if FFP was not in place you could have brought your way to the top within 3 seasons. The backers have been in the UK and according to my Dad have already attended a game with a member of villa staff called Nicky?

Interesting.
Don't let Nicky scare them off! Although I Stoll believe Nicky key is behind these rumours to sell more season tickets. Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, at $5.0 billion.  (Coupled with wife Ann Walton Kroenke’s $4.5 billion, that’s a $9.5 billion power couple.) -- ARSENAL

A total guess 'Kraft' wasn't he linked with us before....?

Interesting.
Don't let Nicky scare them off! Although I Stoll believe Nicky key is behind these rumours to sell more season tickets.

you got a link

Interesting.
Don't let Nicky scare them off! Although I Stoll believe Nicky key is behind these rumours to sell more season tickets.

you got a link

It was an external link from TBAR.

Â