The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The article from the daily fail mentions Texas billionaires...Mark Cuban is a name that springs to mind.

It might be the Cuban's, it might be the Mafia, could be Lyndon Johnson but it's probably the CIA.

I'll just go & check out the 6th floor window of the Texas school Book Depository.

It's definitely not Oswald! ;):P

Robert Kraft would be great. 

• Owns Cadbury - local firm, easy cross marketing, could use Kraft foods/Cadbury as a sponsor (unless thats against the rules?) gives us semi-legal money and advertises one of Krafts brands across the world as Football and The Premier League in particular continues to increase globally
  • The Patriots have been one of the best teams in the NFL for a number of years (despite their lack of Superbowls since '04), 
  • He's freaking loaded.

Larry Ellison & Micky Arison

Ellison would be unreal. Words 5th richest man. He could spend $2nd on villa and still have 40 times more money than randy!

• Owns Cadbury - local firm, easy cross marketing, could use Kraft foods/Cadbury as a sponsor (unless thats against the rules?) gives us semi-legal money and advertises one of Krafts brands across the world as Football and The Premier League in particular continues to increase globally

Robert Kraft has nothing to do with Kraft foods (and ergo Cadbury's)

• The Patriots have been one of the best teams in the NFL for a number of years (despite their lack of Superbowls since '04), 
  • He's freaking loaded.

Robert Kraft owns the Kraft group, equity, property, manufacturing etc.

He is nothing to do with kraft the food processing people.

• He's freaking loaded.

Robert Kraft owns the Kraft group, equity, property, manufacturing etc.

He is nothing to do with kraft the food processing people.

Who knows? he might just make a Krafty move. ;)

Ellison sounds too good to be true.

Yeah I agree. It would be a real meltdown moment if true but I think that rumour is utter bollocks

I think Ellison is more into sailing than soccer. Anyway he's so rich that he wouldn't need a fellow billionaire to partner him …. so he's out!

Ellison sounds too good to be true.

Yeah I agree. It would be a real meltdown moment if true but I think that rumour is utter bollocks

I think Ellison is more into sailing than soccer. Anyway he's so rich that he wouldn't need a fellow billionaire to partner him …. so he's out!

I think if the rumours are true about a takeover from texas then mark cuban will be involved. He is sports mad

• Like 1

This was posted on another forum (under the name MM) a few hours before the Telegraph article. It mentions backers from the US rather than a single buyer.

Takeover has now reached an advanced stage. Aston Villa will be rebranded from top to bottom come the summer ..... in a good way not a red bull way.

Backers are from US, cannot name for legal reasons. My dad is a Senior Global Purchaser for a London based financier. 

I am a Tottenham fan and with the backing you will receive you could have bought Bale from us!!!

I am not sure exactly of the supposed worth of the potential buyer. My Dad literally said if FFP was not in place you could have brought your way to the top within 3 seasons. The backers have been in the UK and according to my Dad have already attended a game with a member of villa staff called Nicky?

Sorry I dont know more, will write on here possibly later.

Interesting.

This is actually from a forum that that AVFCtransfertweet guy set up. So maybe that will detract from it's cred.

Edited by useless

That's because it is too good to be true.

I hope people aren't getting too excited yet as this is just crappy rumour at the moment.

Haha it sounds like you don't want it. Remember you support Aston villa and not Lerner and 'the plan'

• Like 1

I would say we're talking about either Texas (maybe Cuban and McNair or Jim Crane*) or maybe the LA Dodgers ownership group (the controlling partner of Guggenheim Partners, Mark Walter, other partners in Guggenheim, Hollywood producer Peter Guber, baseball and basketball executive Stan Kasten**, and Magic Johnson) or the LA Lakers ownership group, judging by the channels that those teams jointly control with Time Warner Cable (soon to merge with Comcast who own NBC who show the PL in the US...) showing AVTV content for the past several months. The Dodgers ownership group is almost a carbon copy of the Red Sox group that's currently having success with Liverpool (save for being richer than the Red Sox).

*: considering that the US is likely to become the world's largest natural gas producer, thanks to fracking, and might even become a larger oil producer than Russia, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a few folks from the oil/gas-patch who are interested in showing up Qatar/UAE/Abramovich on the stage that they've chosen to showcase themselves.

**: "Kasten would also become president of the Atlanta Braves in 1986. From 1987 to 2003, the Braves won more games than any other team in major league baseball. As president of the Braves, he delegated all baseball decisions to Atlanta GM John Schuerholz, who put together strong, talented teams that consistently competed for a championship (although only one of them actually won one; see below). The Braves of that time, under the stellar managerial leadership of Bobby Cox, were centered around a powerful pitching staff which featured Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Steve Avery and John Smoltz. They also featured All-Star third baseman Chipper Jones, who is regarded as one of the best hitters in Braves' history as well as one of the best switch-hitters and third basemen ever. From 1991 to 2005, the Braves won 14 straight division titles, 5 National League pennants and the World Series championship in 1995 (The 1994 season season was ended prematurely, without titles or postseason play, cut short by the players' strike.) In 1999, when the National Hockey League would award an expansion team to Atlanta, Kasten became president of the Atlanta Thrashers as well as chairman of the newly built Philips Arena. He held all these positions until 2003, when he stepped down, but then assumed the presidency of the Washington Nationals in 2006 under the Lerner [no relation --LR]family ownership group. It was reported on September 23, 2010 that Kasten would step down as Nationals' team president. In January 2012, Kasten joined Magic Johnson, Peter Guber and Guggenheim Partners bidding for ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team. On March 27 it was reported that the partnership, led by Guggenheim controlling partner Mark Walter, had submitted a winning bid of $2.15 billion (including surrounding land) -- some 25% above the nearest offer. Kasten became team president once the sale closed, on April 30, 2012."

Â