The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Richard people are desperate enough on here today mate. Did you really have to make everyone suicidal with that avatar. Its tipped me over the edge suicide.gif

I think Richard's avatar is a reminder that things could be much worse. Thatcher & Ellis - the stuff of nightmares!!

• Like 1

I think Richard's avatar is a reminder that things could be much worse. Thatcher & Ellis - the stuff of nightmares!!

its actually to show what Lerner said when lambert asked for transfers

"No, no, no"

• Like 1

What the hell does the man want? If he no longer interested put the club up for sale. Surely he is not making money, he certainly can't be enjoying the football. Doesn't he release the implications of relegation! Seriously what the hell is going on!!!!!???

Lambert's authority - where is it now?

TROUBLED ASTON VILLA PUT ROBERTO DI MATTEO ON ALERT

By Tony Banks

The Daily Express understands Villa have approached Di Matteo’s representatives to enquire whether he would be interested in the job should they decide to ditch Paul Lambert – and the response has been encouraging.ASTON VILLA are lining up Roberto Di Matteo as a replacement for Paul Lambert if their plummet down the table continues.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/371573/Troubled-Aston-Villa-put-Roberto-Di-Matteo-on-alert

Genuinely Dem, What do you want to know? Il tell you. It really isnt rocket science but il help you out if you need Lerner to spell it out once again to you.

I want to know Woody

1 Why did he bother sacking Mcleish if he was happy with championship football?

2 If he doesnt want championship football then why is he not backing the manager like our relegation rivals are doing with their managers? He said the wage bill was a problem but a lot of high earners have left

3 What is your plan once we are relegated as that is what is going to happen if he does not back Lambert?

4 Is he aware that if we go down then he will take a bigger hit on getting his money back then if he invested 10-20m backing the manager

Like I said the guy is a coward he doesnt connect with the fans, even though ellis was clueless and out of touch at least he tried in his own pre-historic way

Lambert's authority - where is it now?

How unlikely this stroy may be, could it be that maybe lambert has the west brom and bradford games to save his job and if not he will get sacked and then di matteo will then take the reigns and be given backing?

How unlikely this stroy may be, could it be that maybe lambert has the west brom and bradford games to save his job and if not he will get sacked and then di matteo will then take the reigns and be given backing?

Yes, could be... but why bother to give him the Bradford game? What does beating a Division Two side prove?

I reckon it's win against West Brom or in my office on Monday morning.

That gif is messed up...

I think the solution is simple - just don't spend any money on villa? Or do the silence thing for the first 15 minutes.

I see it as, if Lerner does not want to spend any money to try and save us, then why the **** should I. Might as well write this season off and start again next year - in the championship.

I want to know Woody

2 If he doesnt want championship football then why is he not backing the manager like our relegation rivals are doing with their managers? He said the wage bill was a problem but a lot of high earners have left

3 What is your plan once we are relegated as that is what is going to happen if he does not back Lambert?

4 Is he aware that if we go down then he will take a bigger hit on getting his money back then if he invested 10-20m backing the manager

Like I said the guy is a coward he doesnt connect with the fans, even though ellis was clueless and out of touch at least he tried in his own pre-historic way

1 - exactly - he isn't happy with going down.

2 - It's a good point, and very valid. I guess it's a dilemma - he decided, and told us, that the club needs to operate within its means. He's not going to keep throwing 10s of millions of his own money (or loans, or both) every year to pay the wages of players who are not worth it. I think he was OK with paying for the odd player, within that limitation.

Because they've cut too fast, they're now between a rock and a hard place. it's not pretty. I think we're going down. Perhaps he does too. Perhaps he thinks if it's likely, then there are further reasons not to "gamble" and bring in more high paid players. Or maybe they're struggling with inserting relegation claues in the contracts of anyone they'd like to buy. Players won't come on that basis, perhaps?

3 - Who knows - go back up would be the aim. We desperately need stability. I guess the plan would be the same as it is now - get the finances sorted. It'll be harder if/when we go down, of course. It's obvious since those letters a couple of years ago that money is now the driving thing, whereas before it was on the pitch stuff that was the main focus (with the unfortunate lack of control of money that accompanied it).

4 - yes, of course.

I want to know Woody

Ok,

1 - I have seen no indication that he is happy with championship football. Also, Mcleish kept us in the premiership so your link with the championship and Mcleish is non existent really. If you want to know why he has replaced Mcleish with a manager who appears equally as poor, if not worse - maybe because its what the 'know it all' fans wanted.

2 - People really dont get it with the wages do they. - Yes some of the high earners have left. As replacement, some more (in some cases higher earners) have come in. Also some of the high earners still exist. As far as Im aware, the wages are still an issue. Thats because nobody at the club has told me otherwise. The reason for this is because, while the wages may be down to a more manageable level, they are not low enough to invest heavily - as that would take it back up to an unmanageable level.

3 - I cant answer this one, I doubt Randy will have thought too much about it either, baring in mind we are not relegated and there is still half a season to go. If anything,the vibes coming from the club is that they will stick by Lambert so I would imagine they believe he can get us out of this mess.

4 - Im sure he is (though its not that straightforward). Im also sure hes aware that if he spends 10-20m and we are still relegated (because lets face it - Lambert doesnt seem the greatest at spending 20m atm), then he will take an even bigger hit than not having spent 10-20m.

Can I just point out in addition that regardless of my post, I am neither a fan of Randy Lerner, nor do I want Paul Lambert out. Im just saying what I believe is plainly obvious.

Can I just point out in addition that regardless of my post, I am neither a fan of Randy Lerner, nor do I want Paul Lambert out. Im just saying what I believe is plainly obvious.

Could have fooled me. When reading this post I thought it was the General I'm disguise, ;)

The abuse for Lerner is out of order and a bit immature tbh

Any worse than what Doug, Mcleish, Heskey and a few others have had over the years?

I don't think Lerner has done anything to be spoke about with respect when it comes to how he's run our club.

WTF is this Lerner playing at?

If there was ever a time to spend 10 - 15 million on players, now's the time. The fact that we didn't have anything ready at the START of the January window was crazy enough, but this is going beyond mere stupidity as far as I can see.

The one thing I've been proud of as a Villa fan in the Premier League era is that we've never been relegated from it. Now Lerner seems to be throwing away even that consolation prize, just when the financial incentives for staying up are about to get serious.

I can't fathom it at all. Anyone?

How is it out of order? He has run this club to the ground since MON left, failed mangement appointments, authorisiing idiotic contacts (a five year deal for shay given who is what 35 on 50k contract?

now to your points

Ok,

1 - I have seen no indication that he is happy with championship football. Also, Mcleish kept us in the premiership so your link with the championship and Mcleish is non existent really. If you want to know why he has replaced Mcleish with a manager who appears equally as poor, if not worse - maybe because its what the 'know it all' fans wanted.

If this is the case and he has been watching how can he justify not giving and supporting the manager who is working with one hand behind his back with the lack of money available to him? I acnnot believe ateam liek Southampton can go get a Cb and we cant

2 - People really dont get it with the wages do they. - Yes some of the high earners have left. As replacement, some more (in some cases higher earners) have come in. Also some of the high earners still exist. As far as Im aware, the wages are still an issue. Thats because nobody at the club has told me otherwise. The reason for this is because, while the wages may be down to a more manageable level, they are not low enough to invest heavily - as that would take it back up to an unmanageable level.

Exactly you said it yourself no-one from the club has said anything so we all speculate why is their restrictions in place? Cowardly from Lerner, we have been provided no explanation why this is done? For me and I speculate here, just seems there is no plan other than hoping we stay up ecah season until the loans are paid back and he gets his cash back. Just liek trent has said I absolutely believe this. He has been a joke over the last two seasons and has made our club an embarrassment from the humilation of getting rejected from Martinez who was bottom of the pile of managers at the time, to then the frankly idiotic embarassing decision to appointing Mcleish.

3 - I cant answer this one, I doubt Randy will have thought too much about it either, baring in mind we are not relegated and there is still half a season to go. If anything,the vibes coming from the club is that they will stick by Lambert so I would imagine they believe he can get us out of this mess.

4 - Im sure he is (though its not that straightforward). Im also sure hes aware that if he spends 10-20m and we are still relegated (because lets face it - Lambert doesnt seem the greatest at spending 20m atm), then he will take an even bigger hit than not having spent 10-20m.

But we have a hell of a better chance of staying up if he does and with new TV deal he will make his money back come summer. He stands to lose a hell of a lot more when we are relegated. As for Lambert yes there are so poor signings, bennett and KEA to name a couple but he was given peanuts to build a squad. If lerner backed him just a tad bit more I reckon we would have a far better squad. Two good quality experienced signings and I really believe we will be out of this mess by end of Feb

And its not planely obvious your just speculating like the rest of us

WTF is this Lerner playing at?

If there was ever a time to spend 10 - 15 million on players, now's the time. The fact that we didn't have anything ready at the START of the January window was crazy enough, but this is going beyond mere stupidity as far as I can see.

The one thing I've been proud of as a Villa fan in the Premier League era is that we've never been relegated from it. Now Lerner seems to be throwing away even that consolation prize, just when the financial incentives for staying up are about to get serious.

I can't fathom it at all. Anyone?

I don't get it at all.

The only thing I can think of was that this season has gone wrong and that he thinks we've no chance of surviving even if we spend during this window. So maybe he's accepting relegation and making sure costs are down as it happens.

I can't think of any other reason that would make sense.

Edited by Big_John_10

Â