The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If we could sell Bent for £25-30m and lambert was given all that money, you'd have to say that would be a tempting proposition right now.

No club in the world would pay 25-30M for Darren Bent. First and foremost because non of the biggest clubs in the Premier League need/would want him and he just had a serious injury last season. He is a year older from when we got him and I would estimate his value at 15M since everyone knows we would be short on cash if contemplating to sell him. Of course if he came back to good form and scored 10 goals before Christmas his January-value could see him go as high as 18M.

Doubt he will be sold this season anyway, it would be very stupid of us. However, if and when we relegate (which is looking highly viable with the current squad), he will be off again.

We'd be lucky to get more than £10m for Bent.

By what logic ?

He signed for us as a proven goalscorer and has continued exactly where he left off

Why would his price come down by 8m ?

At the moment if I was him i'd seriously questioning if staying is ruining his career. Playing him in this current system is like putting a singer on stage without a microphone

Let's hope he sells to someone who isn't a **** idiot or a walking disaster when it comes to running a competitive sports team.

Who?

I never get just saying sell up, to **** who?

These oil millionaires just hanging around ready to buy clubs I assume.

Daft.

How is it daft?

I didn't have a buyer for my PS3 till I tried, I also got a good deal. Same for the rest of my outdated CD collection.

I could have sat them in the loft and thought "who, who, who" but actually trying to sell, got me a good deal with people who want the CDs and PS3's

Your reply to the above is very annoying. Just because we do not have names, lists, finances, bank details, credit facility information, pant size, cock length, it does not mean there are no willing buyers.

I think the market for football clubs is a tad narrower than that for a PS3.

that depends where you look. i doubt randy is going to stick an ad up on gumtree if he's looking to see the club, rather he would make its available known through those in the business of selling things like football clubs, and they'd most likely know far more people interested than buying us than buying a second hand ps3

Jesus, this place is getting bad!

We are only 2 games into a new season, and we still have the best part of a week to bring in players.

The 2 questions that I ask those cussing Randy is do any of you think that Paul Lambert would've come to us from Norwich if the only transfer kitty he had was whatever he could make through player sales? And do you think he would risk his reputation on that? I'm pretty sure that Lambert is the type of guy who would tell Lerner where to stick his job if the goalposts were moved in any way.

I guess to do the job properly, we'd be looking for someone around ten times as wealthy as Randy Lerner - I wonder how many of those there are in the world, and how many of them don't already own football clubs.

If we could find one then I'd be as delighted as the next man, but if not, then we are where we are and we have to find ways to do what we can with what we have - for me, that's the number one challenge for the current owners, finding a way to be better at doing their jobs, rather than finding someone else who can do them - that's not going to be easy, but it's possible, there are poorer clubs than us doing the right things out there.

Â