The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lerner has helped create this mess. Sadly for him the only way to fix it is to spend a lot of money in the short term. I get the need to run the club profitably but you need a solid starting point in order to do that. We lack quality and quantity in our squad.

Getting rid of all the high earners works to a point but you have to replace some of them. Lerner and Faulkner have gutted this team over the last 3 seasons and we now have a squad that will finish no higher than 15th this season at best, and that will be down to Lambert's motivational skills.

I think the next 6 days are the most important of Lerner's tenure so far. Fail and we could easily go down.

The only thing I will say about the next 6 days is that there now becomes a subtle whiff of desperation about our need for players, and that whiff does have the unfortunate habit of inflating prices slightly

The bloke bought the club as part of a rich man's midlife crisis.

Time to sell.

Indeed. I don't think that when he bought his spoilt little rich kid's plaything that he realised how expensive **** things up completely was going to be.

These two comments are pathetic, no evidence what's so ever just abuse for abuse sake.

Randy needs to spend money and is doing lots wrong, but just making up abuse is going down to small heath level.

The bloke bought the club as part of a rich man's midlife crisis.

Time to sell.

Indeed. I don't think that when he bought his spoilt little rich kid's plaything that he realised how expensive **** things up completely was going to be.

These two comments are pathetic, no evidence what's so ever just abuse for abuse sake.

Randy needs to spend money and is doing lots wrong, but just making up abuse is going down to small heath level.

There was no abuse in my comment at all.

He needs to dip into his pocket. The wage bill can be sorted after. One step back, two forward.

The wage bill cannot possibly be an issue now. We started with 5 academy players yesterday, how much are they on?

MM said its around 50% how low do we need to go?

Getting relegated is certainly not going to help finances and in a year where prize money is increasing finishing low and watching other clubs pick up more money is hardly going to help either.

There is no excuse for poor investment yet again.

He needs to dip into his pocket. The wage bill can be sorted after. One step back, two forward.

The wage bill cannot possibly be an issue now. We started with 5 academy players yesterday, how much are they on?

Getting relegated is certainly not going to help finances and in a year where prize money is increasing finishing low and watching other clubs pick up more money is hardly going to help either.

Have a look at my post in the transfer thread. The wages are still an issue - whilst asset stripping is the wrong term - essentially Lerner needs to get all costs down to a bare minimum to get the loans paid off at least a little to sell.

Have a look at my post in the transfer thread. The wages are still an issue - whilst asset stripping is the wrong term - essentially Lerner needs to get all costs down to a bare minimum to get the loans paid off at least a little to sell.

If we really don't spend much in the next few days i think you're right.

Let's just say the person who told me should know.

I think Lerner is like a rich punter on the stock market who has the money to invest but doesn't really know what he's doing. The idea that he's maliciously at fault is retarded. From his point of view he's thrown good money after bad and is trying to find a balance. It's very easy as a fan to point the finger at someone who has probably had the best intentions since day one.

Let's just say the person who told me should know.

Well if true it would be disgraceful that he would risk the future of the club in order to get a better deal to sell.

John's right. Lerner has spent [wasted] £200m, but in terms of net assets, the club is actually worth less than when Ellis sold. Nobody in their right mind would buy it from him the state things are in.

His interest has gone.

All Lerner is trying to do at present is re-coup as much money as possible before he swans off into the sunset and we are left in a shambolic state.

I want him gone ASAP. His decision making is pathetic, Faulkner & Mcleish vouch for that, he has let several managers take the piss and this has all been mirrored by what happened to his crappy NFL team.

Liverpool were heading down the same river under their previous owner. Luckily, they managed to **** him off before things got too bad. Unfortunately, Lerner is going to stick around until he squeezes every last penny out of this club to put back into his personal coffers.

And people thought it was bad under Ellis?? Pfffttt....

Â