The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

What's the dilly with the General anyway? I met him in Ohio a few years ago when we played the Crew in pre-season. Didn't he used to post regularly on fan sites?

He was grand on here when we were successful and doing well but once the going got tough the General got a bit childish and pathetic though some of fans didnt act brilliantly either

He ended up replying to every comment with "ring Nicky Keye"

He was good at the start, think I used him as a service to ask stupid questions, usually about my match day experience, I don't know why some fans thought he'd start answering questions about why we sold Milner etc it's not going to happen

I was half joking about the pastie / pie comment in the AGM thread, half joking because I do suspect that the AGM will also dodge questions about players being sold and what the **** we're doing but happily discuss catering at VP and painting bridges if the train station was going to get renamed and maybe even the PA system... That was the kind of stuff you could hope to get an answer from krulak

Randy Lerner’s right-hand man today hit back at supporters who have criticised Villa’s hierarchy over the club’s pursuit of Alex McLeish.

There has been no official word from the Villa board on their interest in the former Birmingham manager but non-executive director General Charles Krulak posted a staunch defence on fans’ message boards, before later removing his comments.

Krulak said: “I will say that the uproar over McLeish is absolutely uncalled for.

“He certainly has proved he can manage in the big league,  and just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.

“Those fans who don’t want him because he managed our biggest rival just seem to miss the point.

"If a single man can cause all the fans to abandon ship, that is a sad state of affairs.”

In short, Krulak can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He ended up replying to every comment with "ring Nicky Keye"

He was good at the start, think I used him as a service to ask stupid questions, usually about my match day experience, I don't know why some fans thought he'd start answering questions about why we sold Milner etc it's not going to happen

I was half joking about the pastie / pie comment in the AGM thread, half joking because I do suspect that the AGM will also dodge questions about players being sold and what the **** we're doing but happily discuss catering at VP and painting bridges if the train station was going to get renamed and maybe even the PA system... That was the kind of stuff you could hope to get an answer from krulak

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In short, Krulak can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

Glad I asked!

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The General's thread was an interesting insight into the club at first. It was a useful place to give feedback and ask questions. I think some fantastic ideas and suggestions were the direct result of having that direct line to Krulak.

Iirc, a well liked VT poster, who is sadly no longer with us, had a great day out at the club all arranged by the General. 

There's no doubt that the thread had its uses.

It then got ruined.

A journalist from the local rag/joke excuse of a newspaper started using the thread to create articles. It got national attention and caused an further unwanted increase in tensions of an already highly strung local derby. 

Then adult men started asking silly questions despite knowing the boundaries of what could and couldn't be answered. And then there was the tedious repetition concerning things people should know ALREADY e.g. "General, the villa top my mom bought for my 45th birthday is starting to peel! This is bloody disgusting. What at you going to do about it?".

Contact Nicky Keye was the answer, and had been for a while for those issues, but the thread became clogged with questions for which the answer was obvious, and the interesting suggestions and useful ideas dried up.

Then things at the club started to get tough, so that prompted keyboard warriors to hand out abuse and call a veteran of various conflicts a coward. Because it's brave to read nasty words, and respond to them, but not to fight in wars and win service medals.

In the end it was a shit show on both sides: Krulak lost his professionalism and the fans fed on it, further dishing out the abuse from the safety of their sofa.

The thread needed to be discontinued and was rightly done so. 

Oh yes, Krulak not at fault. Shock horror. I asked him if he was being truthful about finances and he threatened to beat me up. My fault right? Nah, he like Lerner is a word removed.

Are you connected to Lerner or Krulak at all?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Here's link to article he is also talking about Randy (So hope this is right thread to put the article in?)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6841548/General-Charles-Krulak-says-Aston-Villa-will-summon-the-spirit-of-the-US-Marines-to-escape-the-drop.html

What a complete doorknob

15 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Oh yes, Krulak not at fault. Shock horror. I asked him if he was being truthful about finances and he threatened to beat me up. My fault right? Nah, he like Lerner is a word removed.

Are you connected to Lerner or Krulak at all?

lucky it was only a threat. could have got his Desert Storm buddies to sort you out ;)

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was grand on here when we were successful and doing well but once the going got tough the General got a bit childish and pathetic though some of fans didnt act brilliantly either

How did he get "a bit childish"? This was before I was active on VT. 

Nevermind, I missed the excellent post by Morley above.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Just when you think things can't get anymore embarrassing. The general returns. FFS

How a human being could ever take pride in the taking of another persons life or possesions is well and truly beyond me.

i cherish life as the most important thing one could ever relish in

someone who instigates or perpetrates the taking of someone elses life or possesions is scum of the earth

general K is that scum

I'm ashamed of his association not only with AVFC but as a member of the human race

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

How a human being could ever take pride in the taking of another persons life or possesions is well and truly beyond me.

i cherish life as the most important thing one could ever relish in

someone who instigates or perpetrates the taking of someone elses life or possesions is scum of the earth

general K is that scum

I'm ashamed of his association not only with AVFC but as a member of the human race

Can you turn your syllogistic burner down a notch or two? Jesus.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Can you turn your syllogistic burner down a notch or two? Jesus.

Ok

i will

but G K will still remain the same scum

Edited by Grasshopper

10 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Here's link to article he is also talking about Randy (So hope this is right thread to put the article in?)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6841548/General-Charles-Krulak-says-Aston-Villa-will-summon-the-spirit-of-the-US-Marines-to-escape-the-drop.html

Lol. The bloke has been watching too many Rambo movies. He thinks the U.S. won in Vietnam.

14 minutes ago, Shaw_nuff said:

Lol. The bloke has been watching too many Rambo movies. He thinks the U.S. won in Vietnam.

I'm trying to think of a big football club with highly disciplined communication policies in place. Whatever that is, we're kind of the exact opposite this year, especially if you consider Tim's contributions. I actually think that AVFC's communications policy is a real problem because it does affect players.

Â