The Randy Lerner thread

CI

11 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Agreed. How the people who assembled this squad still have jobs is a mystery.

I personally think the premiership experienced players we brought in are the worst guys we have.  Add to that Richards and Lescott who were brought in this summer and probably Sinclair

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Sounds like the club has it's very own uncle Albert.  I wonder who Rodney is?

Well we all know we have a Del Boy......all the stock is at BodyMoor Heath :D

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Good plan by the General and the board - send yer troops off to battle with some strong words but without guns, helmets or anything else they need to stand a fighting chance. 

To be fair it worked for the Russians/Soviets for centuries. 

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just when you think things can't get anymore embarrassing. The general returns. FFS

What's the dilly with the General anyway? I met him in Ohio a few years ago when we played the Crew in pre-season. Didn't he used to post regularly on fan sites?

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

so if he thinks we will stay up and is going to back the manager expect a huge transfer spend this January then Charles?

But why spend when he can tell them to go through every opponent like a knife through butter? You know... His troops did it. 

• Like 1

My main heart break about Villa getting relegated is my young boy.  He is now 3 coming 4 and is just starting to get interested in football.  There is no way he is going to be interested in Villa playing the likes of Rotherham when his mates teams are playing Man utd and Arsenal every week.  Soul destroying it is.  I will try but i think i'll be fighting a loosing battle.

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

My main heart break about Villa getting relegated is my young boy.  He is now 3 coming 4 and is just starting to get interested in football.  There is no way he is going to be interested in Villa playing the likes of Rotherham when his mates teams are playing Man utd and Arsenal every week.  Soul destroying it is.  I will try but i think i'll be fighting a loosing battle.

Buy him a new Kylo Ren light-up lightsaber, and I guarantee you, your problems will be solved. ;)

Edited by Marka Ragnos

42 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Then you need to educate him that football isn't just about playing the super rich clubs who can buy the league. It's never about going to watch the opposition and it doesn't matter what league you're in. I started supporting Villa when we were in the second division. It mattered not that we weren't playing Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United. It was about the team I had chosen to support and the players wearing the shirt of my club.

Football is horribly broken if people can't get any joy from it unless they're watching their team play against others who've spent hundreds of millions.  

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

As long as we win games it won't matter.

If we go down and win a shit load he'll have more fun than watching us get battered by all the "big" teams "little" teams, "any" **** teams

2 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

What's the dilly with the General anyway? I met him in Ohio a few years ago when we played the Crew in pre-season. Didn't he used to post regularly on fan sites?

He did. This was one of them.

A combination of he and some of the fans who conversed with him becoming completely embarrassing meant he left.

2 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Ask Nicky Keye

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Then you need to educate him that football isn't just about playing the super rich clubs who can buy the league. It's never about going to watch the opposition and it doesn't matter what league you're in. I started supporting Villa when we were in the second division. It mattered not that we weren't playing Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United. It was about the team I had chosen to support and the players wearing the shirt of my club.

Football is horribly broken if people can't get any joy from it unless they're watching their team play against others who've spent hundreds of millions.  

Agree and this is the approach i will take, but imo football is horribly broken as well.  We could loose a generation of fans whose parents aren't as bothered as i am.  I will also put him out of the house if he supports anyone else, extreme measures and all. 

Â